 Off-Topic / Debate / 12830
Re: Response to Misinformation (Some other perspectives on the tragedy)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 19:26:58 GMT

Didn't those folks actually go in and buy land from people who they
sincerely and with good foundation believed to be the rightful owners at the
time...?

[snip]

ought to own the property, if they legitimately owned it before.

From whence does the 'legitimate ownership' of property arise?  I say there is
no such thing.

I can see the argument. But... No matter what?

What is the alternative, though? Property belongs to whoever has the bigger gun?