 Off-Topic / Debate / 12635
Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:51:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Kingsley writes:

Sure. Create more martyrs. Great Idea. This sounds like the Israeli model to
deal with terrorists. Does it work for them?

Just in case you didn't notice "they" (terrorists) just made Martyrs out of
thousands of people on 09/11/2001.  That was as much a mistake for them as it
was for Japan to attack Pearl Harbor 12/07/1941.

We do not share the same understanding of the term "martyr".

We have Martyrs too and we will take appropriate actions.  They will fight back
and we know that, so be it.  We (the free world) will prevail.

Then what? Will the deaths continue in Iraq and Israel? Will globalisation
continue to exploit those in the developing world? Should we nurture
despair? Should we live in fear? Should we prepare our children for future
attacks?

Scott A

Eric Kingsley