 Off-Topic / Debate / 12636
Re: Manic Ramblings-World Altering Events Through Depression's Eyes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:26:20 GMT

Hi Eric,

Thanks for taking time to view my ramblings. I, too, felt this past weekend is
one of the most memorable of my life due to the connections that were made.
Rarely in our lives do we meet people who are so attuned to who we are and what
we are about. You are one of those to me. Chris and Bryce already know they are
as well. Our parting was hurried and frenetic at best, but there is something
that sticks in my mind that will be forever altered by Tuesday's diabolic
attack. Remember, the last time I saw you, I was dropping you off curbside at
the skycab at LAX on Monday. That is something I'll never get to do again.
Security seems to FINALLY be a priority for LAX. Too bad it took what it took to
make these changes.

Good luck with the rescue efforts. I truly wish I was helping dig or something
else along those lines. There isn't much that can be done sitting in my office
here in Los Angeles, but I do what I can.

To give you an idea of how much rage there is built up in me, I've been trying
to channel it physically. Keep in mind that I don't work out. I haven't had a
TRUE workout in close to a year. I will be sore tomorrow after 50 pull-ups, 100
sit-ups, and 20 push-ups. I can't believe I've finished that kind of a workout,
but I need some sort of physical way to channel the anger, pain and confusion.
This seems to be my only outlet. Here's hoping my body can keep up with the
punishment my mind keeps devising....

Oh, yes....a bit of an update. Like many of you, I can't seem to get any
building done. I sit down, I try to build, but I'm devoid of any creativity
right now. I'm actually getting more cleaning done than building.

-Dave

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Sophie writes:
Dave I too feel your fustration. I have a bit of vigilante in me. I have
spoke in front of City Hall a number of times when I felt it was necc. to
get my opinion out and make my voice heard.

In a situation like this we are helpless in that regard. We are however
dependant on our inner resolve at this time. I felt this comming from your post.

The problem my friend is that good people like us have a concience and we
know that what has happened is unforgivable.

I have a saying that helps me in ussual circumstance that we may apply to
what we are going thru.

When things are bad they are bad, give yourself some credit because they are
indeed bad. (I cleaned that up for the sake of politeness-it does'nt quite
sound the same.)

In essence when somthing has gone wrong, it not that we are dwelling on it,
rather that we recognize the levity of the situation.

Dave you know you are a freind of mine and we had such a great time over the
weekend. We all were so happy. We had some of the most memorable times of
our lives- as admitted by all involved.

We went from emotional highs to utter disbeleif. Needless to say it's
unhealthy to go from such extremes.

Dave I to suffer from the same condition. I stay up late and don't always do
what I should. I don't like to admit it, but I try to deal. I thank my lucky
stars for the fun we had and that I came home a day before all of this
happened. A well I know we almost had the Lugola meeting this week rather than
last week. I may have been on one of those flights I don't know if you
realize that but this was too close for comfort.

Currently I am at work and we are engaged on a conference call with all the
major wireless carriers. All involved are setting up Mobile Cell towers
called "CoWs" ; Cell on Wheels at ground zero. They all are pointing the
units into the ruble and we are getting calls from people trapped in the
ruble. We have to do call trace and triangulation to determine where the
call is comming from and get the info to those who can help try to rescue
them. You can't get any more real than this.

Although I still feel helpless, I know that I am indirectly involved in
saving lives. It's really scary. Chin up we are all doing the right thing.

Regards
Your friend,
Eric