 Off-Topic / Debate / 12584
Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 06:14:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Johann writes:

OK. I just can't let this go. Its absolutely absurd to say things like this!

I don't fully agree. No more terrorists=no more terrorist acts.

This sounds pretty similar to "No jews=supreme Aryan state" to me.

Somehow, these
fanatics need to understand 'Don't mess with us, or we'll take you down
permanently'.

Who are you threatening to "take down"? Some random muslim perhaps? Or maybe
the whole lot? Do you include my muslim friends here in Australia, or that
"piece of s**t" Palesinian guy selling papers on the streets of NYC?

Right now, we're a laughing stock in Iraq because Saddam is still
doing as he pleases.

Is GWB not doing as he pleases? And I doubt the ordinary Iraqis would be
laughing while scrounging for food.

Is this fair or right? Nope. Think about the last time he
stepped out of line.

Yeah, I remember, didn't some huge country with heaps of money get scared
because they thought they may have to pay a bit more for their oil?

Some amount of violence is needed to keep the fanatics of
the world in check.

No violence is ever "needed", and I'm pretty sure no-one will ever change my
mind on that one.

ROSCO