 Off-Topic / Debate / 12644
Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:57:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Erik Olson writes:
Richard, what specifically are the other ideas? You are being vague. What
are you expecting to postpone?

Gee, I hate to go all warm and fuzzy on you...

...but how about we give peace a chance?

<3

-- Hop-Frog

Let's see...1993-attempted bombing of WTC. Our Response: give peace a chance.
1999-twin bombing of US Embassys in Africs Our response: give peace a chance.
2000-The wanton destruction of the USS Cole Our Response: give peace a chance.

Sorry....terrorists have had their chance to reform and become valued members of
humanity. It's a bit too late for the 'give peace a chance' rhetoric now. I
might have agreed with you on Monday, but not now.

-Dave