 Off-Topic / Debate / 12852
Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 13:02:07 GMT

Jason writes:
Acknowledging that you don't have the answer is a start.  Acknowledging that
your ideology may not be the only right one is the next step.  Demonstrating
the willingness to understand someone else's position follows that.  Then
you might just find other countries willing to talk to you.  Then you might
be able to foster relations based on trust rather than short-term gains.
Finally you can start talking about a unified approach to terrorism, if
there's any still around by then.

This is REALLY well stated! It all seems so simple that I think it eludes
people how difficult it can be to actually step out of our own subjectivity
and into a greater, more universal truth with others.

<3

-- Hop-Frog