 Off-Topic / Debate / 13331
Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:24:25 GMT

"Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> writes:

right, good thing.  Israel has yet to attack any civilian, while
the terrorists do it on a daily basis.  Or are you claiming that
Israel does it too?

I have to say that this statement continues to puzzle me.  You are
saying that the state of Israel has never attacked or otherwise harmed
any civilians, right?

Just to take recent events, you are probably aware that since the
start of the current intifada one year ago, approximately 594
Palestinians and 169 Israelis have been killed.  So, in your opinion,
all those Palestinians that were killed were _not_ civilians?

If they were not civilians, what were they, then?  Soldiers at war?
Convicted criminals?  Are you familiar with all the cases, since you
expressed the statement so strongly?

I think it is perfectly ok that people have different views on
worldwide events, but I am left somewhat speachless by your
categorical statement.

(I did give you an example of a case where Israel secretly sent a
group of assassinators to Norway to murder an innocent Norwegian
citizen, but I don't know if that impresses you too much.)

Fredrik