 Off-Topic / Debate / 12621
Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:32:11 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJLyB5.1oE@lugnet.com...
To the people who think that the subject line isn't the right way to view
what needs to be done now, I would invite you to suggest another course of
action.

Ignoring the problem isn't going to work.
Appeasement isn't going to work.
Sanctions aren't going to work.
Cruise missiles lobbed in from a safe distance aren't going to work.
Turning the free world into a police state isn't going to work. (1)

1. Assassination squads. Are small hit teams more likely to get though to the precise target? Don't admit you do it
either, so you can't create a martyr. Make it look like in-fighting so they all blame and kill each other. Set terrorist
against terrorist. Let the CIA do what it is supposed to excel at - provided they get it right.
2. Genocide. If the cycle of martyrdom is to be stopped, that is the length to which you might be forced to go. Just
make sure you pick the right races. Of course any of them resident in the free world, and your circle of friends would
have to be included.
3. Isolationism. Fortress America. No one comes in, no one goes out. Anything within 50 miles is destroyed. Let the rest
of the world do as it pleases. Guess that's kinda giving in though.
4. A world-wide democratic vote. That is what Bush is asking countries to do at a national level. Just make it personal,
individual, so a whole nation doesnt get unfairly tared with the same brush. Make this a humanity issue, not a country
vs country, race vs race issue. You are either with the good or with the evil. All those in favour of good step to the
right, all the rest step to the left.
Then nuke the left.
5. A TOTAL world wide attack on terrorism. Wipe it out everywhere in every form. Get the job done once and for all. No
shades of grey. Wipe out the so called terrorist network who supply and train each other. No terrorists allowed to
remain just because some sympathise with their cause. If Islam fundamentalists have to go, then so do the Irish,
British, Basques, Tamils, Americans, etc, etc. ALL funding of ANY organisation who associates with terrorists is
outlawed at a personal or government level.
6. Outlaw organised religion. So no one can call a 'holy war', or perpetrate violence in the name of their god. Or
invent a new single 'world' religion. Fed up of both sides doing things in the name of 'god'.

Not advocating any of these.
You asked for suggestions, I gave them. Repulsive though some might find them.
Unfortunately it is hard to see how you are going to put an end to terrorism with half measures.

However, it is also likely to be a short term solution. Human nature seems destined to behave this way. Totally
exterminate one source of terrorism, and how long before the next source finds a grievance worthy of terrorist acts?
Like have we ever been able to stop crime, murder, etc?

1 - I just got back from GRR where I returned my rental and picked up my
car. Spooky. Dogs everywhere, concrete barriers, no cars within 300 feet
unless escorted, rental lots relocated to far away, Way overreacting I
think, but just a harbinger of more to come, I fear.

Larry, you have been to the UK. You must know that it has been this way for decades here.
It ebbs and flows according to how recent the last terrorist attack was.
But we have had tanks and armoured cars at Heathrow on occasions.
Machine gun toting police and dogs are everyday occurance.
Hours queuing to get through security is regular.
Then we have the cordon of steel around the whole of the City of London with check points, that comes in and out of
action.

Then simple things like trying to find a trash can at a railway station.
There arent any, having been removed long ago when terrorists used them as bomb containers.

You will just have to get used to it like we do.
Or take a drastic course of action.

regards
lawrence