 Model Team / *942 (-100)
  Re: Why did Model Team die?

(...) I think it might actually be Latin. Short for "id est", meaning "that is". I believe it's used when you are trying to explain what something means. i.e. you are saying the same thing you just said, but in other, more clear words. Here's an (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Why did Model Team die?

(...) "In essence". It's used to jump from a more general statement to one that really narrows down to the intended point. (...) Got that right. Motorizing them would definitely increase the price. Take the Manas, for instance. They retailed for (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Why did Model Team die?

(...) Me neither, but I wish I did :( If I ever find Mega MISB Discount I'll go for it, I really like MT. (...) I never collected Technic really, but I got a couple small sets from Wal Mart and Longs Drugs here and there (like 1268 Bike Blaster) but (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: My version of Jennifer Clark's Demag AC50-1

(...) Rosco, It may take a while. There are still many Lego parts to buy. I'll update the photos on the web page as construction progresses. Thanks for your comments. Irv Stafford (So. Calif. AFOL) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: My version of Jennifer Clark's Demag AC50-1

(...) one? (...) Tobbe, You can assign any function to any channel. I fly RC Stunt planes so that may have swayed my choice. Irv (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: The original "M" car

El Caracho! This is utterly fantastic. Whew, what a great creation. Boy o boy look at the details and the way you crafted the body. Really realy really nice. Really? Really. ;) Wow. I'm in love. e (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: My version of Jennifer Clark's Demag AC50-1

(...) Hey cool! Jennifer must be proud (I know I would). Is there any reason you used the right stick for drive instead of the left one? It would feel wrong for me at least. And it's nice to see someone else post photos of an RC switch in a LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: My version of Jennifer Clark's Demag AC50-1

(...) Hi Irv, looking forward to seeing this one completed! Of course it'd be even better if I got a chance to play with it..... ROSCO (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Why did Model Team die?

(...) Part of it was the fact that they were expensive, and the more expensive a set gets the less people there are who would consider buying it. Star Wars and Harry Potter are currently the only two themes that seem to be able to sell droves of the (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Why did Model Team die?

Hello all, I never bought a Model Team set (I always thought Technic was better), although I did see the first highway rig they did, the 86' one, a friend owned one. I never understood two things about Model Team: 1) Why did it stop in the mid (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Just an old one: Scania R143E

(...) That's a lot of 24x34 wheels! Everything is well done and detailed, as usual. Do you have any details on the funcions? I noticed some pneumatic lines, but it's not apparent what cylinders they operate and what the cylinders do. How does the (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  My version of Jennifer Clark's Demag AC50-1

I have just posted the preliminary web page showing my version of Jennifer Clark's Demag AC50-1. All functions are radio controlled using modified RC servo cards to drive the Lego motors directly from the RC receiver. The web page is: (URL) and (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Does this section work?

OK, nice to hear I works! I have many more pictures, but I will not upload them all (needs a lot of time!). Most interesting are the heavy haulers I think. But I'm still looking for pictures of other special vehicles. In Scandinavia there are also (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: The original "M" car

Andreas, This model is great! Absolutely an 'El-Caracho' creation! LEGO: contract the guy, because his creations are better than yours!! I can imagine you love this car very much. When I was a little boy (six of seven I guess) my parents gave me a (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: The original "M" car

(...) Very cool. Awesome model! (...) It does have a look reminiscent of a Lamborghini or Ferrari. I'm not too familiar with cars, so I was surprised to see the look of this BMW. (...) Your attention to detail and function makes this a great model. (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Just an old one: Scania R143E

(...) Nice Dennis! It's a very good model, although I can't make out much detail. It would be cool to see how much your building skills have improved over the last six years, I'd bet a ton! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Does this section work?

(...) Works like a charm. No error messages in Mozilla, all thumbnails appears. I did not click through all of the "details" and open all photos but those I tried worked fine. My only suggestion would be to arrange the "page 3 page 2 page 1" links (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?

(...) I have posted the web page that explains how Radio Control Systems work and how to modify a radio control servo to drive Lego motors. The web page is: (URL) and comments are welcome. Irv Stafford (So. Calif. AFOL) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The original "M" car

Andreas, Lovely. I always find your creations and their realistic style inspiring. You've perfectly modeled the shape of this car, and of course the details are as accurate as always! Really, it's a joy to view your vehicles! Seth. (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: The original "M" car

(...) <<snipp>> (...) the last gas cap and windshiled wiper! I can't believe the amount of detail you managed to get in there. I think I need to visit just to smack you and tell you it can't be done with LEGO, not at that scale and not at that (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: The original "M" car

(...) That is a work of art. One of my fellow employees owns one, and you can be assured, it only comes out twice a year for the local car shows. I am always in awe by the sight of it. It truely is my favorite. I can't wait to see your next project. (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: The original "M" car

(...) Part of what makes this model so amazing is the work you put into the sides of the body. I've noticed with my own designs that the sides of the car often look too flat...you've completely avoided that, and your doors still open! Well, I'm (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  The original "M" car

Hi folks! I just finished building the original "M" car, the BMW M1. Only 450 of the real ones were built, and even less out of Lego bricks, I guess :-) Unlike most people, who probably favor Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches or whatever, I would (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.modelteam) !!

  Re: New MOC, c.1930's roadster V.2

(...) Thanks George, The Merc SSK was something i had in mind as i built it... I have some ideas for a rounded hood at least, and some tinkling thoughts for rounding the boot (perhaps at the expense of the rumble seat), but not the parts (though (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  New Moc, the Leyland Mini

Hi Another minifig scale automobile... The classic car, the Mini, featured here in red and blue... (URL) when it is moderated, here (URL) you like it, i am rather happy with it... Robert (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  Just an old one: Scania R143E

I haven't showed this model on the net yet because it's one of my 'oldies' (built in '97): (URL) a Scania R143E ('95) with a 500 hp V8 engine pulling a 12-axle Nooteboom drawbar/low loader (6 axle lines). This was the first model I built with so (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Does this section work?

It works, but those errors popping up are a bit annoying... Anyway: In boven-nl.html this line: image4stay.src = "boven/bouw.jpg needs "; at the end In links-nl.html in line 71 this bit: onmouseover="window....us='Foto's evenementen'; return true;" (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC, c.1930's roadster V.2

(...) Robert, I like your use of hoses for exhaust pipes, you almost have a Mercedes SSK look going there. It looks a little boxy though, if you could curve the hood (bonnet) and trunk (boot) somehow, I think it would look immensly better. Thanks (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  New MOC, c.1930's roadster V.2

Hi, slowly updating and uploading my garage... This is possibly the final version of this vehicle (i am 85% happy with it) though i need some more tan pieces to really finish it. It is deliberately overlong, which is how the supercars of the time (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Does this section work?

(...) Yes. Seems to work for me. I didn't surf all of it, but I saw lots of truck pics! Nice idea, though. Good reference site! -TJ (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Does this section work?

Thanks for checking it! No, I have to add some more pics to the Volvo section. So I'm still working on it! And do you prefer texts? Of some of these vehicles I made a LEGO-model. I think it's nice to make a note of it in the text and of course add a (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Does this section work?

Yep, works. Still get some script errors on your site(s) though... Duq P.S. No Volvo picures yet? Or is it just the link? "Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HE4KEC.20zz@lugnet.com... (...) on it. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Does this section work?

I've added a truck pictures section to my website and I was wondering if this section works. The quicklink is: (URL) on 'Nederlands' (English not available yet) and than on 'Ga naar de speciaal transport fotogallerijen'. I'm not sure if all (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

(...) Here's another photo: (URL) forward to it Jennifer, but take your time! The modelshow looks like a great place to be, perhaps I can afford to visit some year... Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Needed ideas for a telescoping boom.

(...) Hehe thanks Dennis, I hope you can get it to work! I'm currently working on another project (yes, another crane!) which uses a similar technique, but I've ditched the idea of using a technic axle, as it's not long enough and bends too much. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: A real monster-bike?

(...) Look at this picture: (URL) looks a little similar to the other two. I just bought one and would buy 3 more just for the wheels for a project I am currently working on. (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Needed ideas for a telescoping boom.

(...) I really like his idea of elevating the boom: very simple with a rope! On my small Liebherr excavator I have the same kind of technique, but you can see the rope clearly. Maybe Ross' idea is strong enough for my Liebherr. I will try it! Dennis (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

And these are my pictures: (URL) two because the rest were not good enough to print .... Dennis (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

After moderation my pictures of Geldermalsen will be here: (URL) Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HDwq7A.1MJw@lugnet.com... (...) Modelshow (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

It is. It's a close up of a fully functional (obviously, it's a Jennifer Clark model) digger that was there to be played with. And boy did people want to play with it. I think both the digger and the crane went through 3 sets of batteries each. (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

(...) I head a sneak preview before a few days before the show :-p I think she will make an extensive story flanked with lots of pictures etc. on her website! Dennis (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

(...) You really should it once when you are in Holland in April! (...) Ron's crane is progressing very slowly. He's hoping to finish it in September this year. Since he's moved he has lack of time for modelling. But he finished some other projects (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

(...) Agreed. It definitely looks like Jen's handiwork :-) Looking forward to seeing more... TJ (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: A real monster-bike?

(...) I have an article about it in the Popular Science magazine that is sitting here in front of me (April 2003.) They're web site is (URL) might find more info there. Yes it does have 4 wheels, but you lean and steer it like a bike. so.... -Kyle (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: A real monster-bike?

(...) Have a look here: (URL) an article from Popular Science about the "bike" -Orion (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  A real monster-bike?

Look at this picture: (URL) was from an article in a Norwegian site : (URL) of all I think I've seen this bike before in LEGO? This one looks similar, but is not the exact one I am remembering... (URL) the real-life bike looks awesome. Anybody that (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

(...) I think you can tell it's one of Jennifers by the quality of the decals and by the fact the pnuematic umbilical has a cable tidy secured around it for maximum tidyness :-). Steve (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

Awesome! I wish I could have been there. Some questions: Regarding your first post ((URL) see Ron's Demag CC12600 is coming along. Is that his crane also in the bottom right pic? If not, then do you have any details on it (i.e. is it LEGO)? (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

More: (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

I found some images of the LEGO models which were shown during the Modelshow Europe: (URL) were more LEGO models, but I hope Ron Jansen will send me a cd with digital photos ASAP so I can upload them on Brickshelf. Dennis Bosman fly.to/bosman (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: DEMAG AC500 in progress

In lugnet.modelteam, Fabio Sali writes: <<snipp>> (...) Oh! Very nice! I love how you managed to get the arm to look so realistic with it's reaches using the pneumatic elements. That can be a real challenge! Where are the pneumatic switches hidden? (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: DEMAG AC500 in progress

Oooh sound really cool. We await the pictures! e www.biomechanicalbricks.com (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: DEMAG AC500 in progress

The final pics will follow as soon as possible. By now I can tell you that the model represents a DEMAG AC 500 in a 1/20 scale; the model is powered by 5 motors - traction is driven by an old 5220, wich manages to move it withouit any problem even (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?

Personally I use servos connected either to pneumatic switches or polarity switches. It's not a small solution but I feel it's more LEGO pure as I'm only replacing what my fingers could do with the servos. See my site for a lot of examples of this. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?

(...) Max, I am putting together a web page that has instructions on how to use Radio Control servos to run Lego projects. The servos can be used as they are - or you can take one apart and use the electronics to drive Lego motor directly. I'll have (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: WOW, new heavy haulage and machinery LEGO site on-line (by Harald Ziegler)

But his greatest creations is, I think, a huge (...) Terrific in dimension and particulars !!!! I'm hoping in a best images resolution to study them. By Andrea (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: WOW, new heavy haulage and machinery LEGO site on-line (by Harald Ziegler)

Hi Tobbe, Harald told me his site isn't finished yet. So more will come soon and maybe he will add more photos of the models which are already to be seen on his website. It indead is a great model, the huge LTM1500. Hopefully he will show them (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: WOW, new heavy haulage and machinery LEGO site on-line (by Harald Ziegler)

(...) I did, very much so! Nice creations! I'd like better (i.e. larger) images though (i.e. linking the ones on the pages now to at least 800 pixels wide ones would do). Also a shot of the whole crane with the jib at it's full extent would be cool! (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: WOW, new heavy haulage and machinery LEGO site on-line (by Harald Ziegler)

(...) Wow! Very nice! Thanks for posting this. TJ (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Making Lego MOC Web Pages

(URL) Maxwell" <r34_v@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HD7Ju0.G1C@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) you (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  WOW, new heavy haulage and machinery LEGO site on-line (by Harald Ziegler)

Today I went to the Modelshow Europe with some LEGO-models. The show really was great, but I will tell you more about it in a next message. About two years ago I met Harald Ziegler from Germany on the Modelshow Europe. He was there as a visitor. (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?

(...) (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?

Has anyone come up with a radio control transmitter and receiver similar in style and use as the discontinued HiTechnic products? I had planned to purchase some HiTechnic parts for my models, but as they have been dicontinued, I have no idea what to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Making Lego MOC Web Pages

Are there any specific things I should know about making a web page to display my Lego MOCs? Do I have to post any statement saying that I am not affiliated with Lego, my views don't necessarily represent Lego's, etc.? Also, does anyone care if I (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: An old machine

(...) Well, I didn't put any sign of it on my website, so you could not knew it. I've just added some links the last three months, no models. I will do that ASAP (the MAN + Liebherr, a mixer truck (the 5-axle Scania on BIMP and probably the DAF 95XF (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: An old machine

(...) Unbelivable, I didn't see your model !!! In the last month I didn't visit your site !!! We are building quite the same models without according. (...) Thanks (...) I started to built also a trailer (in red bricks) to combine with my blue MAN (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New MOC, HZ Ute, minifig scale

(...) Choice Robert! I'm glad I inspired your creativity, and vice versa. Now I really do have to hurry up and finish my model - I started it a year ago! Great work, keep the Australiana coming folks! Cheers, Braith. (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC, HZ Ute, minifig scale

(...) Excellent work! So many details at minifig scale... I particularly like: The wheel arch intrusions into the tray The tail lights Yellow number plates The angled windscreens The round mirrors (very clever!) The detailed dash (more detailed than (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC, HZ Ute, minifig scale

(...) Hey Robert that's great! I love the petrol cap & CB aerial too! ROSCO (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: An old machine

Andrea, Nice to see someone else built the same machine as I did in a meanwhile! Machines like these Liebherr excavators are a challange to build allthough they're not quite big. But because of the limited space it's not easy to put all technic (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: An old machine

(...) Building in technic figure scale often means working in a little space, and further the RCX output port are limited to 3. I decided programming model in two different configuration: 1) Steering and drivetrain when model walking (program 1) 2) (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: An old machine

(...) which function to activate? (...) I really like these modelteam/technic MOC's with mindstorms control! Especially when they are so loaded with gears :) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  New MOC, HZ Ute, minifig scale

Hi all, just wanted to announce that i have uploaded my HZ ute to brickshelf (URL) it is already public it is largely inspired by Braith Garden's work, but i wanted to make one in minifig scale. On the day that i put on the grey doors i saw one on (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.modelteam)

  An old machine

Near my home I found an old wheeled Liebherr 900. I decided to give it a new life. Main images (URL) by RCX, and supported from air by my Atlas compressor, main function on this model are: 1) Steering-Tower rotation combined, controlled by the same (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: K-700A articulated tractor

(...) Hey! That's neat! I especially like how he got around the z24 crown -> dif. problem. Clever and quite obious when you see it. Good work Axel, who ever you are and where ever you might be! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  My Power Puller Project

Would anyone be able to offer some simple hints on how to build a stronger Lego frame, or how to increase pulling ability (such as gearing, which motors to use, how many motors)? I would also like information on pendulum style suspensions. I am now (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Power Pulling

I just came across this site (URL) it caught my interest. I just wanted to know if this competition is still alive. I wanted to try building a pulling machine to compete. If it is, could someone clarify the rules? 1. What do you mean by a gearbox? (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  K-700A articulated tractor

And I found a nice articulated tractor as well! (K-700A) (URL) the pictures! Dennis Bosman (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic) !

  R: DEMAG AC500 in progress

Dennis Bosman <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message HCu4B1.1qBo@lugnet.com... (...) It's even better when you've played with it for a while :-) in fact the crane movement, though powered by only 1 old 9v motor, is very smooth, as well as the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  DEMAG AC500 in progress

I was just scrolling through Bricklink when I found these pictures: (URL) DEMAG AC500 in progress! Looks promessing! Dennis Bosman (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Preview...

In lugnet.modelteam, Ronald Vallenduuk writes: <<snip>> (...) Wow! That's not an easy shape to model! Hope you can finnish it in time and I'm looking forward to more pictures when it is! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Another Preview...

Finally got a normal camera and took a decent picture of the Volvo NH12 in the making. Since normal pictures take a few days to develop the actual model has already improved from what you see.... Saturday week it will get it's public showing at the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  www.legolinks.com

Todd Schroeder (ToddASchroeder@aol.com) has asked me to make an annoucement on his behalf. "I've updated my Lego Links website and now have a permanent home at (URL) I've improved my categorization and added a picture for every creation that I've (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane

(...) For scaling: All the pictures I could find on the web, and the spec doc from Demag's website. The Demag doc has enough dimensions to make good 'estimates' I'm mostly on scale, but the scale varies slightly (approx 1:35, somethings up to 1:39) (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane

(...) The ballast rigg is supported by wheels so than can bear heavy weights. (URL) suppose you use 20 x 30 technic wheels? Would it be possible to raise the ballast rigg or may the crane be unbalanced then? Big challange!! Dennis Bosman (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane

(...) Here's a big LEGO crane with an axle boom: (URL) light, but you've less possibilities. With beams it's easier to build an extra drum in the boom for example. Dennis Bosman (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane

It really looks terrific! It's definately a competitor of Ron Jansen: (URL) hasn't built boom sections yet because of lack of time. It progresses very slowly. Is Chris' crane built on scale? What kind of information do you use (pics, diagrams etc.)? (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane

hi maybe it would be better to use in your turntable two or three of (URL) of (URL) would be harder to crush btw: impressive construction the most impresive is the comparison to lego-man :) good luck pixel "TJ Avery" <tjavery@texbrick.com> wrote in (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane

(...) Urkkk, all 'axle' booms i meant doh c (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane

Hi Ross! (...) yes, all beams booms are interesting, but not necessarily useful. c (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane

(...) The main problem with an all axle boom is that it can take almost no tension. This means for a long boom it bends under its own weight when horizontal. ROSCO (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane

(...) Yeah. I've had about 90lbs on the base/slew ring so far without problems, but i can see the possibility for difficulty. (...) The only thing I've seen that would be much lighter was an all axle boom (...) It'll be fun if nothing else c (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane

(...) Thanks for mentioning it. I am always pleased to see that my ideas are of interest to other enthusiasts out there. I am optimistic that this turntable will handle the loads. What you have to know is that the tiles used for the slew ring will (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

"Chris 'Doozer' Davis" <davis@lrtw.org> wrote in message news:20030401012939....rks.com... (...) do to build the disc for a model of the Mondial Revolution "Psyclone" or HUSS Giant Frisbee "Delirium". Iain (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane

(...) I can't take credit for the slew ring. I only modified it to strengthen it. Beat Felber[1] takes the credit for this. c [1] (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane

"TJ Avery" <tjavery@texbrick.com> wrote in message news:HCMLB3.1GFn@lugnet.com... (...) That is one MASSIVE slewing ring. Wow. Iain (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: red baron with engine

(...) I know Paul Baulch did it with the sopwith camel using the old un-geared motor, and it fitted completely inside (though I think it used some of the cockpit space). I haven't built my red baron yet :( ROSCO (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: red baron with engine

Lars, I have not done this to the red baron (I do not own it yet) but I did it to the sopwith camel with mindstorm models. Lugnet Discussion: (URL) gallery: (URL) can also check out my Albatros D III model here: (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane

(...) and liftarms to strengthen it, but I see you've used plates and liftarms instead. Worth a try. (...) I'm not worried about the ballast. The axles however, they worry me. The boom is too heavy (someone else mentioned to double cross. It will (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane

(...) ROSCO (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact