 Model Team / 917
Just an old one: Scania R143E
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 18:15:32 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I haven't showed this model on the net yet because it's one of my 'oldies'
(built in '97):

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legotrucks/Ideas/Scania/150_05a.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legotrucks/Ideas/Scania/150_12a.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legotrucks/Ideas/Scania/149_08a.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legotrucks/Ideas/Scania/157_22a.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legotrucks/Ideas/Scania/140_04.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legotrucks/Ideas/Scania/140_05.jpg

It's a Scania R143E ('95) with a 500 hp V8 engine pulling a 12-axle
Nooteboom drawbar/low loader (6 axle lines).

This was the first model I built with so many 24 x 43 wheels (34 in total).
Just before I bought some huge parties of second hand LEGO for less money :)

The drawbar trailer has steered axles and it's similar to the blue, bonneted
Scania on my website (which pulls one with 5 axle lines and carrying a CAT D9R).

This front steered tractor has a ballast body which can be replaced. The
load is a 50-tons Hitachi KH180-3 dragline. It was the same machine as the
one on the other Scania R143E on my website (the blue 4-axle unit with the
4-axle low loader). Later the color scheme was different: red with yellow.

Dennis Bosman