 Model Team / 901
Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:49:20 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Thomas Avery writes:
Awesome! I wish I could have been there.

You really should it once when you are in Holland in April!

Some questions:

Regarding your first post
(http://www.schulze-modellbau.de/modellbau/aktuelles/geldermalsen2003_4.htm)

I see Ron's Demag CC12600 is coming along. Is that his crane also in the
bottom right pic? If not, then do you have any details on it (i.e. is it LEGO)?

Ron's crane is progressing very slowly. He's hoping to finish it in
September this year. Since he's moved he has lack of time for modelling. But
he finished some other projects (non-LEGO) so now he's picking up de DEMAG
again.

The other crane is also an CC12600. It built by a German, I never saw him
before. He had some nice solutions, like the fitting om the main boom to the
superstructure. He used 2x2 round bricks with an axle through it.

Regarding your second post:

I see you! :-) (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=385405) But
what is that enormous crane in the background, behind you? What model is
that? What is it made from?

That crane is made of Fischer Technik (also a toy, just like LEGO, but is it
well known in the US?). The crane really is HUGE!

I see Jennifer Clark was in attendance. Great! Is this her model too:

She's about due for a new MOC :-)

Yep ;-)
It was very nice to meet her and to see her MOCs (DEMAG crane and the
excavator). I haven't seen many of all was shown, but I took about half an
hour to see and study her models. But as always, there was lack of time to
talk to each other. It's getting busier and busier every year but I enjoy it
very much!

Dennis