 Model Team / 940
Re: Why did Model Team die?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 01:18:56 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Stéphane Simard writes:
Hello all,

I never bought a Model Team set

Me neither, but I wish I did :( If I ever find Mega MISB Discount I'll go
for it, I really like MT.

(I always thought Technic was better),

I never collected Technic really, but I got a couple small sets from Wal
Mart and Longs Drugs here and there (like 1268 Bike Blaster) but you can't
call that a collection I guess...

I never understood two things about Model Team:

Looks like you didn't understand three things rather than two, but I didn't
understand them either :)

1) Why did it stop in the mid nineties? IE: Why didn't it sell?

I dunno. By the way, does IE stand for anything? I know what you meant but I
have a small vocabulary due to my small age.

2) Why are 60% of the models, highway rigs? Why didn't they make sports
cars, huge boats, submarines, tractors, construction equipment?

I don't know, but that is of my disliking too. My favorites are 5510, 5550,
5561, 5571, 5581, and 5590.

3) Why didn't they try to incorporate motors in these sets?
That I have no clue, but I have a guess: That might have made them even more
expensive, and most people think they're expensive enough!!!
Matt C.