 Technic / 9771
Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 06:36:16 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Chris Davis writes:
On Tue, 01 Apr 2003, Beat Felber wrote:
When building my Liebherr LR11200 I had the problem of building a
lightweight and strong boom as well. And I came up with a solution I am
happy with: www.fhso.ch/~felber-b/pictures/1120021b.jpg

The only thing I've seen that would be much lighter was an all axle boom

The main problem with an all axle boom is that it can take almost no
tension. This means for a long boom it bends under its own weight when
horizontal.

ROSCO