 Technic / 9770
Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 06:10:38 GMT

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003, Beat Felber wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Chris Davis writes:

I can't take credit for the slew ring. I only modified it to
strengthen it. Beat Felber[1] takes the credit for this.

Thanks for mentioning it. I am always pleased to see that my ideas are of
interest to other enthusiasts out there.
I am optimistic that this turntable will handle the loads. What you have to
know is that the tiles used for the slew ring will get some scratches caused
by the movement of the rollers if the weight is too big.

Yeah.  I've had about 90lbs on the base/slew ring so far without
problems, but i can see the possibility for difficulty.

When building my Liebherr LR11200 I had the problem of building a
lightweight and strong boom as well. And I came up with a solution I am
happy with: www.fhso.ch/~felber-b/pictures/1120021b.jpg

The only thing I've seen that would be much lighter was an all axle boom

Good luck with your project.

It'll be fun if nothing else