 Technic / 9754
9753  |  9755
Subject:
Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:13:51 GMT

I was just surfin' through Brickshelf and came across Chris Davis' Demag
CC12600 model:

(CAD rederings of CC12600)

(Actual construction- turntable and part of crawler base)

Anyone else seen this? Looks like a monster!

My only advice would be to change the boom construction, or provide more
bracing. It will not be strong in the lateral direction, and will flop over
sideways during a heavy lift. Something like this is good:
http://www.texbrick.com/creations/msg50/truss.jpg

-TJ