 Technic / 10196
Re: Needed ideas for a telescoping boom.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:37:28 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dennis Bosman writes:
In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
And Ross Crawford's All Terrain Crane:
http://www.lugnet.com/~469/projects/allterraincrane
(who's idea I will steal eventually)

I really like his idea of elevating the boom: very simple with a rope! On my
small Liebherr excavator I have the same kind of technique, but you can see
the rope clearly. Maybe Ross' idea is strong enough for my Liebherr. I will
try it!

Hehe thanks Dennis, I hope you can get it to work! I'm currently working on
another project (yes, another crane!) which uses a similar technique, but
I've ditched the idea of using a technic axle, as it's not long enough and
bends too much.

ROSCO