 Model Team / 890
Re: DEMAG AC500 in progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:59:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The final pics will follow as soon as possible. By now I can tell you that
the model represents a DEMAG AC 500 in a 1/20 scale; the model is powered by
5 motors - traction is driven by an old 5220, wich manages to move it
withouit any problem even if I operate the steering.
Motor tasks are as follows:
1-5225 to operate the steering, which acts on the 7 axes, all fitted with
ackermann correction
1-5225 to operate the opening of the stabilizers
1-5225 to operate the raising of the stabilizers
1-5225 to rotate the turret
1-5220 for the traction of the wagon with traction on the 5th axle  (the one
I mentioned above)

The turret uses 5 motors, but I'm thinking to add another one. Anyway, here
are the functions they operate:
1-5225 to rotate the cockpit (control cabin?) of the crane
2-5225 to lift the arm by telescopic racks
1-5220 for hook lifting/lowering
1-5225 for the telescopic arm (in-out)

I gave up a bit for now, because the telescopic arm is quite difficult to
build. In the meantime, I built this:

What do you think about it?

Ciao
Fabio

LUGNET member  n.340

"Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
I was just scrolling through Bricklink when I found these pictures:

A DEMAG AC500 in progress! Looks promessing!

Dennis Bosman