 Local / United States / California / *1854 (-100)
  So is there any AFOLS living south of Legoland?

I see this group has had no real talk of anything other than Legoland and CB, I take it there is no Lego group for us San Diegans? It would be nice to not hace to drive *so* far to the LA group - but its not like thats in LA, hehe(ok, I am lazy, but (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Emeryville Toys 'R' Toxic

Last night before practice (mainly because we were an hour early) I stopped by the Toys R Us in Emeryville. (It's on Hollis, in the Ikea area, the shopping center portion closest to the freeway). They have a HUGE overstock of lego still. I was (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  New LUGNET member-looking for others

I can't believe there hasn't been a post to this group for three years. There must be some other LUGNET members on the Central Coast...so where are you? Matt Gerber (23 years ago, 14-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.slo)

  Re: Meeting Protocols?

"Tom McDonald" <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com> writes: [snip excellent ASCII art & explanation] (...) I really like the idea of planning the table placement like that. I would like to add one suggestion though: use the tables as a physical barrier to (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Meeting Protocols?

(...) <snip> The call of the brick.... ;-) The suggestions made all sound good to me, as experience has dictated many of them. One thing that concerns me is if we use the partition segments supplied with the room, we can't see what's going on behind (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Meeting Protocols?

I agree wholeheartedley with all these suggestions and think they form an excellent starting point to establish some structure in our future meetings. I think it's something we need to work on. I really like Paul's suggestion that we divide the room (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Meeting Protocols?

As I remember, there were moveable doors that could be pulled out to separate Fukaya into 2 rooms. Maybe we could use those during the first half of the day to keep the public out, with a few people out watching the creations while the rest handled (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Meeting Protocols?

(...) [...] I think this is a great suggestion. I also want to echo Mark's idea of sharing the supervision of the models so we don't all have to watch our own stuff all the time, once the public starts coming in. I'm a new member and the last (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Meeting Protocols?

Hi all, I pretty much agree with Zonker. The Argus postings have listed the hours as 1 to 4 pm. I brought the Duplo last time just so the smaller kids would have something to play with. I do think it was somewhat hidden though by the overabundance (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Old Cali memories

Hello, I remember when I used to live in SF, I got my first Lego set for my 8th birthday! (actually purchased from a store)My Dad took me to the Macy's in Union Square, I got a Classic Space set (Space Staion with Clear yellow 6x8 plates- forgot the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Meeting Protocols?

Far be it from me to dictate how the club should be run, since we don't even have formal club leadership. But I did want to share my observations about the recent meeting, as well as to restate some of the ideas that have been voiced over the past (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Some ideas for next time

Hi All, I'm guilty, we arrived late, at about 12 noon. I put up the pennants and pulled up the shades some time after we arrived after unloading as there did not appear to be much "club" business going on. Won't happen again. Mark (...) ---...--- (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Some ideas for next time

(...) The "LEGO" banners and window shades went up around noon, so there was some time before hand, but not enough. I agree that it would be a good idea to post a sign up that says what it is, so passers-by can know. How about something like this: (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Bad timing...

I feel like I will be a guest when I am finally able to make it to another BayLUG meeting. I had to go to work on Saturday, as my parents were out of town and it fell on me to cover the slack. I missed out on the 8 wide train cars? Man, bummer! Who (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Some ideas for next time

(...) I believe the doors were open because people were complaining about how hot and stuffy it was in the room. But I agree completely. We should not have any signs out or have the doors open until the members only portion is over. We shouldn't (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  looking for the following people

If you are one of the following people, please reply to me about your BayLUG memberships. The email addresses I have for you are invalid. Please reply to me by the end of the month or your memberships will be terminated. Chad Paulson, Belmont (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Upcoming Southern California LEGO Users Group Meeting - March 24th!

In seeing the subject line, I was just thinking that instead of LEGOLA, you could have been Southern California Association of LEGO Addicts.... :-) :-) :-) :-) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Some ideas for next time

I just wanted to say that I had a great time at the meet. It was great that Larry made it. Special thanks to Dan V. for the great sales and trade stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to project my movie with better results in the winter as it gets dark (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

I would actually agree with this suggestion. I would say that the drive time to Carlsbad from the Orange County airport is about 50 minutes, but not too much of that is apt to be high traffic. Only about the first 5 miles from the airport tend to (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california)

"mfuss903" <mfuss903@aol.com> wrote in message news:GB1qqL.IHw@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) airport (...) that (...) When I went to LEGOLAND we flew in and out of Orange County (John Wayne Airport). While a little farther than the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

(...) Yes, I would say 45+ minutes with _no_ traffic and (and this is *after* you get out of the messy SD airport, that could be a chore in itself). Just hop on the 5 freeway for the entire trip. (...) (weekdays) Mornings = traffic going south into (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

(...) 30-40 minutes sound right for low traffic times. During rush hour it could take two or three times that long. Rush hour is usually between 7:00 and 9:00am going south and probably 3:30 and 6:00pm heading north. And of course, there are almost (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

Hi Todd, I've only driven that route on the weekends and it takes roughly 30-40 minutes (without traffic). I've heard that traffic can get pretty bad on the weekdays on that stretch. If nobody answers your post, you can try emailing John Gramley, (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

(...) Say, I've been wondering...how much time should I allow for driving between Carlsbad and the San Diego airport and back? I'll be renting a car the last week of April and will be picking some family members and friends up at the airport. I (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  8 Wide Hopper to Debut at Fukaya!

BE THE FIRST to see the NEW, the STUPENDOUS, the truly ASTOUNDING, 8 WIDE, 2 bay hopper car to debut at BAYLUG Spring meeting! BE AWARE, do NOT be confused by those measly, wimpy, blue, 6 narrow, FOUR wheeled pathetic attempts at rolling stock from (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Parts we need... meeting availablity??

Hi, Here's some things we need: 3 white goblets 2 grey corner castle wall elements, with stones 8 grey corner castle wall elements, plain 8 white corner castle wall elements, plain 5 white divers corner 1/4 cones What do you guys need? Roger, I have (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  next BayLUG meeting

I would like to remind everyone about the next BayLUG meeting. We will be back at the Fukaya room at the Fremont library, on March 31, from 10-4. For more info, check out the BayLUG homepage at (2 URLs) for maps/directions... Russell Clark, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Guest at the next meeting?

(...) Sure. LMK when you plan to drop it off, or we can make plans for some other way. BTW, I still have your fuel car and mummy car from the August National Train Show :-) If my wife is home (and I'm not) if you are dropping off, I'll try and (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Guest at the next meeting?

(...) DARNIT!!! I leave for New Orleans that afternoon, and can't be at the meeting (again...) I'd like to meet Larry in person, too... Tom, would you be willing to take my Train Contest entry to the meeting to display it? Paul Sinasohn (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Guest at the next meeting?

Hi all! I've been emailing with Larry Pieniazek, and he says that he might be able to attend some of our next meeting on 3/31. Note that it's not set in stone. It depends on if he can make the time, as he will be here on business in SF. -Tom McD. (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Upcoming Southern California LEGO Users Group Meeting - March 24th!

We are scheduling a LEGO Users Group Meeting on March 24th! The meeting will be held in between San Diego and Los Angleles (in Mission Viejo). So far, we have at least 12 confirmations from all over the area. For details, check out the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  LUGOLA Meeting March 24th

LUGOLA Meeting March 24th Well, its time to get together again to share MOC's, trade, and enjoy LEGO together. This time its at our house in Southern Orange County. Hopefully, we can get some of the "Southerners" to attend. This date was in doubt (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  K-mart sales

I checked with my local Big K (Sunnyvale, CA) and they don't know anything about a sale on Legos. Maybe it's a regional thing? Anyone seen any good deals in the Bay Area? --Bill. FUT: lugnet.market.shopping (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj)

  Re: Alpha Team found

(...) I used to live abiut 2 miles from that TRU!! I was supposed to go back up there this weekend, but the coming rain delayed the trip :( I was just at my local TRU tonight (San Diego, Grossmont) and they were re-sorting the sets they had out, and (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Alpha Team found

I found set 6773 the Alpha Team Helicopter today at Toys R Us in sunny southern california on Jefferson Blvd in culver city. Not a big fan of transparent neon green (can the alpha team BE more obvious? i mean, it really destroys any intention of (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Clearance Stuff at Super K-Mart

Hey Y'all: I wanted to post this before bedtime tonight. The Super K-Mart in San Leandro had some items clearanced at about 40-50% off of full retail price. Items to be had were #5975 T-Rex Transport for $31 and #6520 Mobile Outpost for $16, and (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  HUGE Spring Cleaning Sale and new eMail

(...) well. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Is this group pointless?

Hi, We have another news group for LUGOLA which seems to be where everyone posts and replies to LA area LEGO information. Does this group make sense as well???? (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Looking for a place to stay during wedding

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:G92pvD.6Ip@lugnet.com... (...) afford (...) for (...) Just a followup, I have a place to stay. -Tim (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Outside Picture of LEGO store at Downtown Disney (in California)

Here is an outside shot of the new LEGO store at Downtown Disney (in California): (URL) pictures are here: (URL) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  March LUGOLA meeting - Possible Dates?

Hi, My wife and I will be hosting the next LUGOLA meeting in March. We are trying to make it a bit later than usual because we are hoping to get our backyard landscaping in by then. Also, Scott Costello requested that we not have it on the second (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Looking for a place to stay during wedding

Hi everyone - I'm deliberating over whether or not to buy an expensive ticket to fly from Boston to SD for the wedding. If I were to come, there's no way I could afford hotel, so, is there anyone down there who might be willing to put up an AFOL for (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Next Baylug Meeting

(...) Sorry, I thought I sent a post about this. (On the other hand, email into and out of Microsoft (at the Silly-Valley Campus), including my corp.webtv.net account are still days-slow, so maybe my posting is still in transit. :-( (Oh yeah, the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next Baylug Meeting

(...) Any news? There seemed to be a consensus for the 24th, but that'll be here before we realize it.... --Bill (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  "Lego's online dream" -- feature article in UK Guardian Unlimited newspaper

(...) Chloe's article appeared Thursday. Here's a link to the online version: (URL) in the article: Douglas Coupland, Microserfs, Microsoft, Xbox, Harry Potter, LEGOLAND theme parks, Danielle Hainauer, Star Wars, Steven Spielberg, INmotion, Johnson (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.announce) !!

  Chinese New Year's Parade

Anybody going to the parade tomorrow in San Francisco, be on the lookout for a cheerleading squad made up of 34 men and 6 women. It's Cheer San Francisco, and we'll be performing thorughout the parade! Come check us out if you are going to be in (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BAYLUG meeting in Sunnyvale?

(...) I may be able to do the 24th. I'm up in Santa Rosa, and haven't been to one yet, but I'd love to meet up with everyone! Matt (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BAYLUG meeting in Sunnyvale?

(...) -mike (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BAYLUG meeting in Sunnyvale?

(...) Come on down and bring some stuff you've built, parts to sell/trade, and $ to buy. I vote for 2/24, but my I am expecting my second child about that time, so I might not be there. For those whom I owe, this is a heads up! -Tom McD. (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BAYLUG meeting in Sunnyvale?

(...) all wouldn't mind I'd like to attend the meeting, wherever it may be. Thanks Jay Jacinto (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: BAYLUG meeting in Sunnyvale?

(...) I can make a 2/24 meeting, but NOT a 2/17 meeting. (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  BAYLUG meeting in Sunnyvale?

At the present time, we still can't get into the Fremont Library for a few months, due to the room still being booked out in advance. So, Mark Benz is willing to pursue asking his son's school (in Mountain View) if we could use the lunch room for a (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next Baylug Meeting

(...) If this is our only choice, then I'm all for it! I have checked many places before in San Jose, but they all want money or a deposit. We could use the community room at my apartment complex, but there is NO guest parking and the room limit is (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next Baylug Meeting

I just discovered Lugnet and Baylug on the web a few weeks ago, and haven't had a chance to meet any of you yet. I'm currently working on a few Lego projects and will be putting up some web pages soon to highlight them. And I'm kicking myself for (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

(...) We've had a few problems here. Fortunately, we have generators on-site to keep the computers up. However, I learned (too late) that; 1) The generators also power the offices of the support teams :-) 2) The transfer from main to generator (and (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next Baylug Meeting

(...) I actuall;y sent a couple things out earlier, but email in the SF Bay Area seems a bit delayed these days...this may also delay mail to/from the cinnamon.com server that hosts the BA-LEGO list. :-( 1) The Fremont Library is still booked 3 (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Next Baylug Meeting

Is there any news or new info about the next baylug meeting? -mike (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

"Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:G7spqq.H3E@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks. (...) of (...) I'll admit, I did use some reference from a book titled "The Way Things Work"(I honestly don't know if it's still being published, (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Canadian Trains in Berkeley? Mooo!

(Sorry, SF Bay Area folks, or BA ex-patriots will get the reference. It's from an old milk commercial. ;-) So, my vacation last year (OCT 2000) took me through a bunch of Canada, riding the VIA train #001 "The Canadian", but I also took a bunch of (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

"Adrian Egli" <aegli@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:G7sLr2.7Ky@lugnet.com... (...) First off - Adrian, cool stuff! I saw it on Brickshelf before you posted. Kidvention II - I've heard nothing about it so far, but someone at Shows & Events is (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

That's really nice. I've made attempts at train bridges before, but never been very successful. Out of curiosity, did you copy a real bridge design, or did you design it yourself? I'm especially interested in the double-spiral on the one side of the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

"Holger Matthes" <matthes@fh-aachen.de> wrote in message news:G7sEvH.Asy@lugnet.com... (...) in the (...) Thanks! The larger ramp(outer) is the uphill one. I thought by making a longer travel, it would be easier on the motor. And the inner is (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

"Stephen F Roberts" <wubwub@wildlink.com> wrote in message news:gdh37tshbegikv2...4ax.com... (...) YES!!! (...) image (...) post (...) "seview.jpg" (...) I should. One other thing I've thought about doing with my digicam is create an animated (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

Hi Adrian, that all is great!! I needed a while to sort out which way the trains go in the spiral! It's very compact build to reach an enourmous hight! And the pictures showing the bridge and the harbour are just beautiful! That'S what LEGO should (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

(...) ...Beautiful! You've got to make a mpg of a train going around the "seview.jpg" spiral! Excellent beam design on the bridge and under track trusses. --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy and his cat www.wildlink.com <-- (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

After long delays, very annoying ones : { but I finally got it built! YES!!! and it works! You can check it out at (URL) I had a TD 2.0 image up of the original plan but I made a lot of revisions and I'll try to post the revised plan up soon. Your (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains) !!

  Interest in Building Backgrounds for Animated Short Film?

Hi All: I would like to apologize if this comes out of left field, as I'm not exactly a LUGNet regular (shame on me), and even I usually get paranoid about this sort of post. I don't mean for it to come off as spam, if that's how you interpret it. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: "Giant" K'Nex Coaster

This was REALLY awsome! I have always dreamed of building a big roller-coaster. I built a small one out of LEGO 4.1V track, but it was pretty lame. Your KNEX one is really great! Chris Osborn <fozztexx@pez.fullsystem.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

(...) Better deal at Costco. $0.1775/pckg as opposed to $0.1925/pckg at Albertson's. (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

r2 wrote in message ... (...) However I just read the paper and Albertson's has the Oatmeal buy one get one free. Rose (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

For all you oatmeal eaters out there, Costco sells a 45 pack for $7.99, better than the $3.85 Albertson's wants for 10 packs. Rose Raymond Flournoy wrote in message ... (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

(...) yup.. the local safewat here has them now. I looked at them and cant say i am super impressed (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  "Giant" K'Nex Coaster

I spent last weekend at my cousin Dave's house building a giant roller coaster out of K'Nex. We used 2 Roller Coaster sets, a Big Ball Factory set, and a Trampoline Tower set. My cousin's house has all these really neat "plant ledges" 8 feet up (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

(...) Hmmm... consumer relations... Suzanne's last name isn't Williams, is it? :) Steve (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  New LEGO Trains (was: Next BayLUG meeting...)

As an aside to the meeting schedule; The BayLTC group (Bay Area LEGO Train Club) meets at each BayLUG meeting. The meetings are informal, and most of the members keep in touch via email between meetings. (The BayLTC group put on a display at the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

(...) Forgive me for following up on my own question, but I finally found some boxes at one of my local Targets. The boxes do exist! --Raymond Flournoy flournoy@cs.stanford.edu ray.flournoy@amikai.com (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Next BayLUG meeting (was: SF-based journalist seeks stories...)

(...) I am with you mike. Here I am a memeber and I havent made a single meeting. Fortunately i made the Train show, so i am not a total washout. By the way, I have been hitting Shell stations in the bay area and all I have found is a few of the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

Maybe it's just me, but isn't the kit only worth about 1.99? The 24 packets must cover the shipping. (I know this might be in the "cheapskate" vein) -Jon (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

I submitted the following request to the Quaker Oatmeal Consumer Relations group about a week ago: "I've heard that there is a LEGO promotion going on with the Oatmeal product. My son loves the product and my other two kids love Grits. I live in (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

Ok, what is this promo??? Should I run to my local supermarket? Are they only in northern CA - how bout Southern CA? Mark (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

Actually, the envelope is for sending in an order for the items on the back cover, the T-shirt and K1360 LEGO Studio Action Kit. Scott Member 718 (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

You don't really need the special box. The latest Mania magazine has a special envelope for sending the packets in. Rose Raymond Flournoy wrote in message ... (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Oatmeal promo in Northern California?

Hi all, Has anyone found the special Quaker Oatmeal promo boxes in Northern California yet? Thanks! --Raymond Flournoy flournoy@cs.stanford.edu ray.flournoy@amikai.com (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Next BayLUG meeting (was: SF-based journalist seeks stories...)

I am looking forward to making it to another BayLUG meeting. I missed the last two(!!) because of work during the harvest. I will not be able to make a meeting during the first week of Feb, as I will be out of town. I would REALLY like to make the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Matt & All, Sounds like you need to build some more power plants. Fortunately, my company designs and builds power plants, even nuclear power! Check it out! ;) (URL) off.topic.fun ***...*** Please visit (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Keep them blackouts rolling! Well, well, well. I work with a stockbroker here in Santa Rosa, CA, and consequently when the market closes in New York, it is 1:00 in the afternoon for us. Our busiest time of day. (Also means I'm off work by 2:30/3:00 (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: help with article

(...) Hi Chloe: As a bit of a background, I am the Data Warehouse Manager for a Canadian Cable company. Of course, I can't speak for all the technologists out there, but I think Lego as a whole reflects modern thinnking on how to design computer (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: help with article

(...) Hi Chloe: As a bit of a background, I am the Data Warehouse Manager for Canadian Cable company. Of course, I can't speak for all teh technologists out there, but I think Lego as a whole reflects modern thinnking on how to design computer (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: WENT to legoland (wasRe: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13)

Remind me NEVER to make a one day run to SoCal again! I started off late as I slept through my alarm (no great surprise, I went to bed at 1am and had the alarm set for 2am). I left at 7:15am. Driving "just a bit" too fast, I made it to LLC around (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland)

  WENT to legoland (wasRe: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13)

So how was the trip? I see you got shell sets, lol. It looks like we took advantage of the same sales at legoland (town folk, legoland truck - etc). So tell us about the trip......... (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland)

  Next BayLUG meeting (was: SF-based journalist seeks stories...)

Our last meeting was 9 December 2000, which would normally make the next meeting sometime in Early February...but our regular room is already booked solid for the next three months. :-( (And we can only schedule it 3 months out... ;-) So, we can (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  SF-based journalist seeks stories/comments for British newspaper (Re: help with article)

(...) The above was posted to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf (the San Francisco local group) today. Let's let Chloe know how much we love LEGO! Maybe a meeting with some folks from BayLUG would even be possible! --Todd (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general)

  help with article

I am a San Francisco-based British journalist. I am researching a feature article about the impact of LEGO on hi-tech industries for The Guardian (a major British daily newspaper), from recent partnerships with Microsoft, Steven Spielberg and (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf) !

  Grand opening of Downtown Disney LIC is Today

The Lego Imagination center opened it doors to the public today, January 12th as part of the Grand opening of Downtown Disney District next to Disneyland. Keeping up with tradition, they have a yellow duplo opening day brick. (24 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  8735 Technic Motor Kit (and others) on Clearance at Target Storefronts?

Hey Everyone, I went to Target (Greatland) in Thousand Oaks, CA (Newbury Park?) today and picked up three 8735 Technic Motor Kit (with gear-reduction motor) for US$18.75 each (normally US$39.95) on their toy clearance aisle. I got one blue-box-style (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13 - anyone want to go with me?

Check that - NORTH of LAX, not south. You may want to look at some of the shells by legoland - just grab the white pages and use the phone, not the gas to look. If you have access to a computer use mapquest.com for the directions. And they say you (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13 - anyone want to go with me?

Ya, they are still on sale - they are starting to be hard to find. There are still tons of the small $1.60 sets, and I still see the big sets around. I have not seen the all of the bigger sets in one station for a while, but you should have no (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13 - anyone want to go with me?

So the 125x sets are still on sale at Shell stations down there? If so, COOL, I'll fill my car with them on the way down/up(leaving some room for bulk bricks) ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13 - anyone want to go with me?

Just to remind you - I am not sure if you can get the shell lego sets up there - but if not there are lots of shells from Los Angeles to San diego. Here is a driving hint for you - take the 405 and not the 5 - the 5 is a mess all the way from LA to (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13 - anyone want to go with me?

What ever happened to the LUG Jambalaya box? It was to be sent to me, but have never gotten it. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact