 People / 1549
Re: Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:30:35 GMT

In lugnet.people, Matt Brooks writes:
Keep them blackouts rolling!

What a mess. Our phone system is tied into the power also, so...

Anybody else experiencing this right now?

  We've had a few problems here. Fortunately, we have generators
on-site to keep the computers up. However, I learned (too late) that;

  1) The generators also power the offices of the support teams :-)
  2) The transfer from main to generator (and back) cutso ur power! :-(
  3) All of the data center machines are on a big U.P.S., so they are OK.
  4) Most of the support folks have a little UPS at their desk for the
      cutovers to/from the generator...but I didn't :-(

  So, get a UPS for your phone switch, and for a few more indoor lights! ;-)

       -Z-