Subject:
New LEGO Trains (was: Next BayLUG meeting...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:57:20 GMT

  As an aside to the meeting schedule;

  The BayLTC group (Bay Area LEGO Train Club) meets at each
BayLUG meeting. The meetings are informal, and most of the
members keep in touch via email between meetings.

  (The BayLTC group put on a display at the NMRA convention
  in San Jose last August, and made a significant impact on
  the attending crowd!)

  During coordination for Bay Area visits of the Mindstorms
Mall Tour, I took the chance to send a videotape of our
NMRA exhibit, and some snippits from our BayLUG meetings,
with the request that the Mindtorms contact find his
Train counterpart, and pass the tape along.

  I'm hoping that my emails, and the videotape, are at least
part of what is inspiring LEGO in the Train Design Contest
(in the current catalog) as well as the rumors of the new
train products to come in 2001 and beyond (read more about
this in the LUGNET newsgroup for LEGO Direct).

  Thanks again to Mike Poindexter and Mark LaRue for their
help with the NMRA show. (Lots of others helped, but these
two were major contributors, and they've both missed some
good train stuff at the December meeting. :-(

      -Z-