Re: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13 - anyone want to go with me?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 18:47:37 GMT

Check that - NORTH of LAX, not south.  You may want to look at some of the
shells by legoland - just grab the white pages and use the phone, not the
gas to look.  If you have access to a computer use mapquest.com for the
directions.  And they say you have to make a $10 purchace, I have never had
to do that, the gas at shell is on the high side.  I may be up in Carlsbad
on Saturday and Sunday, not sure.  My dad lives appx. 4 miles from Legoland,
such temptation I have, lol.  If you can give me an email, I may join you -
hopefully I can - it has been almost 3 weeks since my last visit to legoland!
Mark

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Mark Papenfuss writes:
Ya, they are still on sale - they are starting to be hard to find.  There
are still tons of the small $1.60 sets, and I still see the big sets around.
I have not seen the all of the bigger sets in one station for a while, but
you should have no problem.  I know there is a big shell station just south
of Legoland off the right (?) side of the freeway if you are going south
that may still have lots of them.  And when you are going through LA, if you
take the 405 there are lots of them south of LAX, like off of Manchester
(across the street from Randy's doughnuts - the big dougnnut you see in the
intro to Jay Leno), and if you go down Manchester for a few blocks there is
another one that has them (go away from inglewood (the fourm) - towards
Westchester).  Ask the attendants who still has them, they are usually
really helpful.  Keep this in mind though, not all shells sold the sets,
then there are some that only sold the smaller sets, so do not get
discouraged, I just got a gas station and select shop and car wash last
night.  The biggest set (gas station) costs $19.99 -> and it goes down from
there.  So remember - ask the attendants where they have more sets.  Most of
the ones that are still selling them still have the signs up promoting it.
The small sets are a great way to get lots of shell guys (they are $1.60
each).  Good luck, and have fun.  Let me know if you have any luck!  Oh, ya
- the select shop is great for parts! jsut look at the set #1254.

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Tom Stangl writes:
So the 125x sets are still on sale at Shell stations down there?  If so, COOL,
I'll fill my car with them on the way down/up(leaving some room for bulk
bricks)  ;-)

mfuss903 wrote:

Just to remind you - I am not sure if you can get the shell lego sets up
there - but if not there are lots of shells from Los Angeles to San diego.
Here is a driving hint for you - take the 405 and not the 5 - the 5 is a
mess all the way from LA to SD, you will be much better off taking the 405
split up by magic mtn. I travel from SD to LA all the time, and curse myself
everytime I take the 5.
Have a GREAT trip!
Mark

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Jimmy Park writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Tom Stangl writes:
OK, just in case some people only skim the Subjects...

I'm leaving from Sunnyvale in NoCal.

Tom, just to let you know - LUGOLA is having a meeting that day at Bryce
McGlone's house.  More info in the LUGOLA group if you are interested in
dropping by.

Jimmy