Re: Meeting Protocols?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 04:04:20 GMT

"Tom McDonald" <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com> writes:
[snip excellent ASCII art & explanation]
The above design seemed natural, going with the natural entropy of the room.
I hope I didn't go ape with the tables. If we don't have/need as many we can
move the train area a bit more towards the back or use fewer tables along
the back wall. The train area could also be expanded behind the display to
show off any "no-touch" train/town stuff.

I was thinking that the back wall would be a good place for any Duplo
playmat present if we don't need all those tables, or even maybe smack in
the middle of the room perhaps surrounded by a ring of chairs to keep people
off the mat.

I really like the idea of planning the table placement like that.  I
would like to add one suggestion though: use the tables as a physical
barrier to keep the public away from things we don't want them to
touch.  This may not stop the smaller children from running under the
table, but it makes it clear that some things are "off limits".

This might include models that are not on display, those intended to
be viewed from afar but not handled, or just our personal stuff like
the things we bought from Uncle Dan, purse/fanny pack, etc.

I think the Duplo area, if any, should be more accessible, towards the
center of the room.

--Bill.

P.S.: why aren't we using lugnet.org.us.baylug for this thread?  It
seems more appropriate there, but it seems like people prefer to post
here.

--
William R Ward        hermit@bayview.com      http://www.bayview.com/~hermit/
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."-Groucho Marx