Re: Meeting Protocols?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 22:03:15 GMT

"David K. Z. Harris" <frenezulo@baylug.org> writes:
  Far be it from me to dictate how the club should be run, since we don't
even have formal club leadership. But I did want to share my observations
about the recent meeting, as well as to restate some of the ideas that have
been voiced over the past two years by club members, so that newer member,
and visitors alike will have some background for the current discussions.
[...]

I think this is a great suggestion.  I also want to echo Mark's idea
of sharing the supervision of the models so we don't all have to watch
our own stuff all the time, once the public starts coming in.

I'm a new member and the last meeting was my first.  I was very
surprised at how unstructured it all was.  I think a little more
structure would help.

One concern I have, especially as summer approaches, is that we may
need to keep the external doors open in order to keep the temperature
down inside.  I think that we can do this as long as we post signs
listing the hours when it will be open to the public.

Also, why are we not using the lugnet.org.us.baylug group?  That group
was created specifically for BayLUG discussions.  This one is for more
general discussion of local things around the bay area.

Finally, given the way the Fukaya room seems to be booked up months in
advance, has any thought been given to the date of the next meeting?
If not, may I suggest that it be done soon...

--Bill.

--
William R Ward        hermit@bayview.com      http://www.bayview.com/~hermit/
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."-Groucho Marx