Subject:
Old Cali memories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 05:53:35 GMT

Hello, I remember when I used to live in SF, I got my first Lego set for my
8th birthday! (actually purchased from a store)My Dad took me to the Macy's
in Union Square, I got a Classic Space set (Space Staion with Clear yellow
6x8 plates- forgot the Number) and my dad said: why don't you get this one
too? - It was a Tente builing set, I was against it and evan then I knew
that Tente was inferior, but dad got his way and I had two sets I couldn't
use toghether.

Earhquake: Then a while later, I was playing with My Lego while watching
cartoons one morning when - An earhquake hit!, It was the first one I ever
had been thru! It was a small one like 3 or 4 on the R. scale, I used to
live on the corner of California St. and Filmore St. Well I jumped up
Grabbed my Lego and my little brother Adam and ran outside in my PJ's!

Just somthing I had'nt thought about in many years!

I now live in N.J. - and when Hurricane Floyd theatend to flood my house,
the little Ramapo river in my backyard was'nt so little when the Dam broke
up the way during the storm, I again packed up my Lego and was ready to get
the heck out of there with only the clothes on my back, my Fiancee' and my Lego!

I guess the Irony never leaves us!

Look what I build Now!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Legomaster

Thanks.....Eric