 LEGOLAND / *1066 (-100)
  Re: Where is the next LEGOLAND?

(...) Brad Justus at Brickfest 2003 said that there were no plans for a new park anytime soon, and that running four parks was enough. I think the idea of a new park every three years might be a cool idea, but it wouldn't be long before you'd (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.general)

  Where is the next LEGOLAND?

According to "The Ultimate LEGO" (published by DK), "A NEW PARK every three years around the world: this is the LEGO Group's verison for LEGOLAND parks". Trace the history, the four LEGOLANDs were built on - Billund - 1968 Windsor - 1996 California (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.general)

  Re: New LLC Collectible Brick Program

(...) And I have a scan of the new Bionicle Blaster brick in all its red glory, you can check it out here: (URL) am updating my promo brick list here: (URL) am LOVING this program! I really hope they keep it up next year! Mark P (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Pick-a-Brick now available at LIC Anaheim!

The size of thsmall container is: 14 studs diameter 12 studs high I think that the big container is twice as high (roughly the same diameter) They have a single large stud on top and an inset portion on the bottom to allow them to be stacked (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Pick-a-Brick now available at LIC Anaheim!

(...) Question- What are the dimensions of the containers? Nothing exact, just an about size. Thanks, Adr (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Pick-a-Brick now available at LIC Anaheim!

LIC Anaheim now has Pick-A-Brick services. It works a bit differently than at LEGOLAND: - LIC Pick-A-Brick features two plastic container sizes, one for 6.99 and one (presumbably double-sized) for 12.99. You can stuff these containers as much as (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Visits to LL Billund

(...) Hi everyone, We were in both Legoland Denmark and Germany this summer. Both parks offer bulk parts and they are priced according to weight. But we find that the Germany lego is much cheaper than Lego in Denmark. May be because of the 25% taxes (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Legoland pride?

The flags were still there on August 24. Being a good boy and to avoid being kicked out of the park I did not try pulling off the flags to see if they were permenantly glued. :-) Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Legoland pride?

(...) Just a follow-up on this -- the flags were gone as of my last visit to LLCA over the weekend. So it looks like these were just a temp thing. Mark P (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Visits to LL Billund

Err... yeah, I guess I am a fan of Legoland. I'm just back from my 4th visit. 1980, 1982, 1994, 2003..... Watch this space for a full review in a couple of days..... Duq "Peter Seynhaeve" <peterseynhaeve@yahoo.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.legoland)

  Visits to LL Billund

Hi everyone, I am a big fan of Legoland themeparks as I have visited the Billund Park at least 100 times since 1994. I have a seasonspass and I frequently visit the 2 other LL in Germany and UK. Since june 2003 we have founded BeLUG for Belgium and (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.legoland)

  Clikits Promo Brick (Re: New LLC Collectible Brick Program)

(...) The Clikits brick was out today - despite much confusion within the LLCA staff I got my hands on it. The clubhouse did not have them, I was told they would not get in before the 10th. And after about 10 minutes of guest service trying to (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.clikits, lugnet.promo, FTX)

  LLCA Picture Of The Week

Hey all, Well, I am getting back into the swing of things after my hard drive crash and have updated the sidebar to include info on everything going on at LLCA until the New Years Eve Celebricktion. I have also started something I have wanted to (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Legoland pride?

(...) But they are also constantly replacing items, so these could just be part of a recent overhaul. I know I've seen the striped flags for quite a while in New Orleans -- maybe since the opening -- so as a concept they definitely are not recent. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Legoland pride?

(...) baaaaaadly faded, so you can really tell the new stuff that is put out. I have not been there since, so I have no idea if it was just a 'show of support' or somehtng that is going to stay in miniland. Either way I am very surprised to see them (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Legoland pride?

As a funny anecdotal story, I just completed a large family outing to San Diego, stopping at the zoo, Sea World, and of course Legoland while there. Well, a funny thing happened to me on the way to the zoo. Unbeknownst to us our family vacation was (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Song played in background at Legoland Germany

Hey folks, About two months ago, I was in Legoland Germany. In the background, I heard a rendition of the song "Mahna Mahna" (featured on the Muppet show) in German with a female voice. Does anyone know who sings this? Calum (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.deutschland, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: LLCA Pick-a-Brick question

(...) In my experience they are usually very understanding if you tell them that you want to go shopping in another part of the park, they may tell you to come back and re-up your shopping pass, but they are usually really lienent. Scott (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LLCA Pick-a-Brick question

"spencer nowak" <spnow87@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HIJEwp.onq@lugnet.com... (...) sells (...) admission (...) separate (...) The store, like the Big Shop are inside the park gates. You have to pay admission to get into the park but you can (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  LLCA Pick-a-Brick question

Im going to california soon, and im very excited about the lego store that sells bricks by weight. However, i wondered if it is necessary to pay for admission to legoland just to go to the store. Does anyone know if the store is separate from the (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Current discounts for Legoland CA

(...) When I was there last week, the LEGO store at Downtown Disney had coupons for 50% off admission to Legoland, good through the end of the year. Kristine (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Current Discounts for Legoland CA

(...) Thanks, I'm off to BK right now. Would this be limited to BKs in SoCal? (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Current Discounts for Legoland CA

Yep, I saw the same commercial on TV the day after I was there last week, and again this morning, so be sure to stop at a "participating" Burger King to get a $10 admission price savings at Legoland. Also, I believe they have a discount for AAA (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Current discounts for Legoland CA

(...) The current discount on the Ralphs discount on the paper bag is $5 off for up to 6 people. I saw an ad on TV the othre day saying that Burger King has a $10 off coupon, but I have not actually been to Burger King in a few weeks so I am not (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Current discounts for Legoland CA

Are there any current discount promotions for Legoland CA? The TRU $10 off each admission has ended, and I think the Del Taco one has also. I would like to visit Friday the 11th with my two daughters. Is one of the local supermarkets (Ralph's, Von's (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: what is the closest town to the legoland in germany>

Hi, Iris Hau schrieb am 02.07.2003 05:52: (...) Augsburg. There are hourly trains to Gunzburg - and shuttle-busses to legoland from gunzburg-station. (...) 770 kilometers (...) no car needed. MfG Stefan (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.deutschland)

  lugnet.legoland.miniland

Hey guys, I was thinking and I thought it would be really helpful if we had a newsgroup just for miniland scale models. I mean,It has to be annoying to have to scourge the newsgroups looking for miniland scale models. Later, Joshua (21 years ago, 5-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland)

  lugnet.legoland.miniland

Hey guys, I was thinking and I thought it would be really helpful if we had a newsgroup just for miniland scale models. I mean,It has to be annoying to have to scourge the newsgrouos looking for miniland scale models. Later, Joshua (21 years ago, 5-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland)

  what is the closest town to the legoland in germany>

Can someone let me know what is the closest town to the legoland in Germany? We are planning our trip this August and would like to know specifically how far from Amsterdam and can we take a train to the legoland or do we need a car to get there? (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.legoland.deutschland)

  Re: Pick-A-Brick Bags

(...) Then your information is more recent than mine. Anyway, I was there on June 15 (Father's day). I had a long list composed from your inventory at (URL) and the following items were not there: Black slope, 33-deg, 2x2 double (apex) Blue slope, (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Pick-A-Brick Bags

(...) Up untill now, every thing I have seen that is "buy by the weight" that uses a holder that could effect the price has an offset in the scale. I asked them about this at LLCA only to be greeted with a blank stare. The problem with the small (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Pick-A-Brick Bags

(...) I was wondering the same thing myself. I spent so much time sorting the pieces that I was thinking of putting each different part in a separate bag. Thanks for the information! You could get a more accurate estimate of the bag price by (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Pick-A-Brick Bags

There have been lots of good messages about Pick-A-Brick inventories, and price per pound comparisons. Now for an obscure observation. I have purchased 2-3 pounds of bricks during 2 visits. I put all the bricks in one or two of the bags they have. I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland)

  Bionicle Evolution room open at LLCA

There is a new attraction at Legoland that is sure to get many visitors. The ‘Bionicle Evolution’ opened its doors this weekend and has already become a hit. This room is filled with thousands and thousands of Bionicle parts for visitors to make (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: New LLC Collectible Brick Program

(...) snip (...) As it turns out, the sports jam brick is Bright Green! Not palin 'ol green. See picture: (URL) I am LOVING this!! Mark P (URL) Land of Bricks> (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  Re: Big Sale at LegoLand California - Up to 70% off!

(...) [snip] (...) [snip] (...) If anyone happens to have the time to post what Duplo is available, and then to buy for me and ship, we might be able to work out an incentive that makes you happy (and it would be a really keen favor). Chris (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Big Sale at LegoLand California - Up to 70% off!

We went down to LegoLand CA today and found out that they were having a large tent sale with prices up to 70% off. If you have an annual pass, you get an extra 20% off beyond that. They have a reasonable number of different sets (all old of course), (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Mass transit to Legoland?

(...) I should have replied to this question sooner but a very good source for transit info in San Diego county is San Diego Commute (URL) here is the planner page- (URL) will have to type in Legoland as your final destination. Adr. (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Mass transit to Legoland?

(...) Look in the brickswest group, I think there was some information posted there. I think the basic gist of it is that you take Amtrak and then transfer to the Coaster (commuter rail) to get to Carlsbad, and then there is a bus that goes right by (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Curation of the Legoland Windsor group

(...) Hey! That sounds great. I am the curator of the legoland.california group and am having a blast with it. I really do wish there was more traffic in the other Legoland sections - I would love to know whats going on over in the other parks to (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.legoland.windsor)

  Re: New LLC Collectible Brick Program

(...) I got pictures of the next 3 bricks in the passholder flyer they sent out. Here they are: (URL) Sports Jam Brick> (2 URLs) Clikits Brick> (2 URLs) Bionicle Blaster> (URL) I am soooooo glad these are in new colors! Well, green is not 100% new, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  Curation of the Legoland Windsor group

Dear all, It just came to light through discussions amongst us in the UK that the sidebar for the legoland.windsor group is a tad out of date - most importantly that LLW has changed the rules for the discount entry for this year. The file for the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.legoland.windsor)

  Re: Queen Elizabeth visits LEGOLAND!

(...) That's cool! It can't be every day that Prince Phillip stops by and says "no, we get our milk through that door there." James (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.windsor, FTX)

  Queen Elizabeth visits LEGOLAND!

Story on Yahoo, including a couple of pictures: (URL) Visits LEGOLAND> JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland.windsor, FTX)

  Re: Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA

I have found similar weight results. I recently got a bulk order which included packs of 2X4 bricks (in a bag of 50). I took a bag to the post office and weighed it. The bag was 3.50 ounces (just shy of a 4-ounce/quarter pound), which makes the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  Re: LLCA Pick-A-Brick update

oops - one got left off the list. They also have a 1x4 brick in trans-dark blue this does have the center studs. Mark P (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  LLCA Pick-A-Brick update

I was in the area today so I decided to make a quick stop into LLCA and check out the Pick-A-Brick selection. I was not planning this trip so I did not have my list with me, but I noticed a few changes, here they are: NEW ITEMS: Dark Orange Brick (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  Guess where my sphere's being used?

The Model Designers at LEGOLAND California are using my sphere design for a citizen of Miniland. Check it out (URL) here>. I was surprised and honored that they would want to use my design. I thought I'd share it with you all. -Bruce (URL) LEGO @ (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Lego Club Weekend June 21st & 22nd at LLCA

The next Lego Club Weekend at LLCA will be June 21st-22nd. Lego club members will get the following: - 15% off on the Designer sets #4099 Robotics, #4100 Maximum Wheels, #4101 Wild Collection - Free 3-D Racers cup with $1.50 refills of fountain (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA

(...) First of all, a 'thank you' to Mark at Land of Bricks for the wonderful Pick-A-Brick information! Considering our upcoming trip to Legoland, husband and I were curious to see if Pick-A-Brick was a good value. I took the above suggestion one (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Mass transit to Legoland?

Hey all, quick question for anyone familiar with the area around Legoland. What are the mass transit options and rough time schedules for getting there, from either Anaheim (preferred starting point) or LA? I used mass transit when I was there for (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: New LLC Collectible Brick Program

Will these be available by mail? I have a Primo pass, but since I will be finishing my move to Florida in a few weeks, I'm going to be a bit too far away now to pop over on a weekend. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  I might be able to buy them for you (was: Re: Great Finds at LegoLand CA Pick-A-Brick)

Hello, I will be going to Legoland in about a week from today (weekend of June 14) and I can buy bulk bricks for people and ship them. If you are interested, let me know at this address and I will get back to you with the details. Cheers, /Eric M/ (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: New LLC Collectible Brick Program

(...) I don't have any pictures yet, but will happily supply them when/if I do. I have a few of the Sports Center bricks laying around.. but I'm pretty sure you got that one already. I'll do my best. I certainly know I'll get the Sports Jam and (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Duplo Promo Bricks at Legoland other than LLCA?

Hello all visitors to The other Legoland parks! I have a question for you. Since LLCA is starting up a huge Duplo Promo Brick program ( see (URL) ) I was wondering if any of the other parks are going to do the same thing, or if they are offering ANY (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.legoland.deutschland, lugnet.legoland.windsor, lugnet.promo)

  Re: New LLC Collectible Brick Program

(...) WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!...!!! This is *amazing* news. I am a HUGE fan of the duplo promo bricks. I am VERY happy with this new passholder brick program. is just amazing. If this does not give people a reason to sign up (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Family trip completed

(...) I asked 2 people, one was at guest service, and the other is an old friend I used to work with that now works there. They both gave me almost the exact same answer. I knew nothing serious happened *at Legoland* and understand how these things (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  New LLC Collectible Brick Program

The new MC Newsletter came out today, and it has a little blurb about new Collectible Bricks. Every 4-6 weeks a new brick will be available throughout the rest of the year. After the first month of issue, the remander of the bricks can be bought for (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california) !

  Re: Family trip completed

I'm curious as to who you asked, because in all reality nothing SERIOUS happened. The ride is just never really working properly. Before any sort of rumors start flying, its important to note that no one has ever gotten hurt on the ride. However... (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: CLIKITS Corner to Debut at Legoland CA on June 28th

(...) While we were at Legoland last week I spent about $40 on a large pink box (pillow/purse for $20) and 2 blue purse-shaped boxes (around $8 each) for my three girls (ages 14, 12, and 10). They seemed to be between moderately and very interested (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.clikits)

  CLIKITS Corner to Debut at Legoland CA on June 28th

Starting on June 28th Legoland will open up a new area to promote the new Clikits line: "CLIKITS Corner, located in EXPLORE Village, will showcase this new LEGO Designer Craft System that provides girls endless opportunities to create stylish (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.clikits)

  BIONICLE Experience opening June 28th at LLCA

Legoland CA will have 2 new Bionicle attractions opening on June 28th. The first is: "New to the Imagination Zone, LEGOLAND's new BIONICLE Experience will give you an inside look at the facinating BIONICLE story. Also, see memorabilia from the new (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA

(...) You daman, Pap! Thanks. JOHN (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Family trip completed

(...) lol, I can imagine it is something not only major - but bad. I asked what happened to it and I was told "Something major, very major. It will not be open again for quite awhile" After hearing that I made a mental note I will not let my kids go (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Family trip completed

(...) The hanging coaster is called SpellBreaker. It hasn't been open for a month, and chances are it won't be open any time soon. Don't bother asking why... I'm simply not allowed to talk about it. ;) More like SpellBroken. ~T (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA

Mark- Thanks for going to the effort to take and post the LLCA brick inventory. This is very useful for all of us who live in range of the park, but more than 10 minutes away (55 minutes, for us). It figures they don't stock dark gray 2 x 2 bricks (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Family trip completed

I just returned home from my grand adventure with the kids driving from Nashville to Carlsbad and back again over 10 days. We went to Legoland on Wednesday and Thursday of last week. The kids and I had a fabulous time both days. I took a ton of (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Lego Sports Center at LLCA

Hello, I'm new here. I work at Legoland, in the Attractions Department. The grand opening of the Sports Center was just a couplea weeks ago on the 15th. I worked the special event that day. We had kids come in from the "San Diego Inner City Games" (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA

(...) Dark Orange is definitely a very good thing. Mark's listing is lacking 2 x 4 bricks, though, which really sucks. But I am sure the selection will change from time to time and hopefully improve. As someone who has spent a great deal of cash (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Billund inventory? (was Re: Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA)

Two weeks ago I was on a trip with our local LUG "De Bouwsteen" to LEGOLAND Billund, Denmark. Ofcourse we raided the Brickshop that recently has been opened at this place . As far as I remember, the inventory there seems to be almost identical to (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.eu, FTX)

  Re: Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA

I would like to say thank you to everybody who has taken the time to take the time to say thanks either by posting or by direct email - the response has been overwhelmingly positive! And I thank you for that, I am glad this can and is being put to (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA

Not to say anything against Peeron (I love you guys!), but this has to be the most useful inventory of all time. DARK ORANGE--WOO HOO!!! (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA

(...) Agreed. Thanks for doing this :) I showed my fiance the pictures, and I think he's trying to calculate out mileage and brick costs from Altadena :) (...) I believe 8%. Someone who has been recently can confirm or correct this. -Anne -- (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA

(...) I was just about to ask if anyone was crazy enough to obtain/compile the average weight of each of these bricks. The spreadsheet linked below would be a great start and is a GREAT resource. Any takers? BTW, what's the sales tax at LEGOLAND (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA

(...) i did some calculations. using this conversion table: (URL) this weight table: (URL) found this: Brick 1x4 = 1.56g = .004 lb this would mean that a .25 lb bag would have something like ~63 pieces for 6.99, as compared to S@H 50 pieces for (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA

(...) I am sooooo Jealous. The selection is beautiful. All those parts and colors in bulk.... Burnt Orange.... If this came to the store in Chicago, I would be taking a day off work, and maxing out a credit card or two. Thanks for taking the time to (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA

(...) because I know you so well, let me know how much you will sell me a promo brick for :). Scott Costello (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA

(...) Mark - thanks a million for this list! I really appreciate someone taking the trouble to do this - I was going to ask, but felt too guilty about asking someone to go to all that effort! If it helps any, you're helping me decide if I want to (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Inventory for Pick-A-Brick at LLCA

I have got many requests to what the Pick-A-Brick program at Legoland, CA has to offer. So I decided to go back and make an inventory of what they have in stock. Now, please understand that the selection CAN and WILL vary. I will try to keep it (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california) !!

  Re: Pick-A-Brick is up and running!

(...) I think it'll be worth it!! (...) I'm going to Legoland as soon as I can after I get back from leave! Josh (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Great Finds at LegoLand CA Pick-A-Brick

(...) I have a Block Party, but my wife has a Primo. I'll start asking about discounts on LEGO bricks as well. It seemed stupid that they didn't discount LEGO purchases. Actually, I usually do my LEGO shopping at the Lego Imagination Center in (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Pick-A-Brick is up and running!

Here is some additional info on availability: Sample bag - About $20 - All trans-dark-green 134 1x4x1 bricks (these go for $1.20+ each on BrickLink!) 30 1x2x1 bricks 20 1x1x1 bricks Final price about 11 cents / brick. This is not bad for such a rare (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Great Finds at LegoLand CA Pick-A-Brick

(...) Glad you saw some parts you liked. I was really hoping for new parts in new colors. I am not thirilled about being offered basic bricks in basic colors for the most part, but I can see why others may be. Different building needs call for (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Great Finds at LegoLand CA Pick-A-Brick

I forgot to mention that it is not feasible for me to pick up bulk bricks for other people and ship them. Please don't ask. If you want to try to get someone else to do it, then I suggest making a post in lugnet.legoland.california or (...) (21 years ago, 25-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Great Finds at LegoLand CA Pick-A-Brick

I just got back from LegoLand CA and found a lot of nice pieces. The prices is $6.99 per 1/4 pound, which is quite expensive, if you can find the bricks in a parts pack or on BrickLink, but a few bricks seem worth the price (see below). You might (...) (21 years ago, 25-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Pick-A-Brick is up and running!

(...) Yes, that is called the 'shopping pass' When you get that you have 30 minutes to go into the park to do some shopping. And you would get this at the customer service window. I have no idea exactly how strict they are on the actuall 30 minute (...) (21 years ago, 25-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Pick-A-Brick is up and running!

(...) Big Store (at the entrance) I just had to ask and they'd let me in. Can I do the same at Pick-A-Brick? Adr. (21 years ago, 25-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Pick-A-Brick is up and running!

Mark, I'm interested in getting the trans-color stuff... Can you tell me what they have, and do you think you could pick some stuff up for me next time you're there? Thanks, onedaycnn (sid) (URL) (21 years ago, 25-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Pick-A-Brick is up and running!

(...) That is a good question. I was going to look into that on my next visit. I do not have a scale, so I can't figure this out at home. But unless the price is much cheaper at LLCA I see no real reason to buy 98.5% of the bricks they have there. (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Pick-A-Brick is up and running!

(...) I see that the price is $6.99 for a quarter pound. How does that compare to the stuff offered on the Shop at Home website? -Bryan (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Pick-A-Brick is up and running!

I just got back from LLCA, and the Pick-A-Brick opened about 1pm today. While I did not notice any unique parts in unique colors, there may have been - I am not an expert in this area but nothing caught my eye as never being seen before. They had (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california) !!

  Re: Washington DC is BACK!!!!

(...) Just to relpy to my own post ;) I put some pictures up as well. I think when you see stuff like this: (URL) jaw just has to drop. Look at the BRIGHT colors in the fountian! Look at the clear plates on the roof! They are actually WHITE and not (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LLW during Royal Ascot?

(...) I find attendance at LLW is mostly down to weather forecasts and school holidays. Traffic may make it more difficult to get to from the M3 direction though. XP to loc.uk in case someone who lives closer can help more. Psi (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.windsor, lugnet.loc.uk)

  LLW during Royal Ascot?

Can anyone tell me if it will be more crowded at LLW during the Royal Ascot? Thanks. (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.windsor)

  Re: Family trip

(...) The only problem might be with reservations. Check out the web site: (URL) sure you and your kids will enjoy Southern California. Sounds like a great trip. Enjoy! Irv Stafford (So. Calif. AFOL) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Washington DC is BACK!!!!

(...) Ya, I was the other day as well and it looked great! Everything was nice and BRIGHT - it was really neat to see how much better it looked from before. I took some pics as well, not sure if I am going to put them up on my site or on Brickshelf. (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Family trip

(...) As far as I know it is safe. I believe during the first Brickswest some of the people stayed there. But as Bill pointed out there is a motel 6 real close to LLCA and I think if you check their site you can get some specials - (URL)It will (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Family trip

(...) [...] The cheapest place is the Motel 6 East in Carlsbad. It's practically spitting distance from the park, and has great rates. Of course it's a no-frills place, but it's clean and decent. --Bill. (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Washington DC is BACK!!!!

It's back! The last two visits two LEGOLAND California I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Washington DC in Miniland has returned. It looks like they have redone lots of the buildings and added some new ones. Check out my brickshelf page for (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Family trip

I'm planning a long (long) drive from Nashville to San Diego to take my kids to Legoland in a couple weeks. It'll be just me and 4 children ranging from 14 to 8. We'll be in the area Tuesday night, May 27th, through Friday morning, May 30th. I've (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact