 LEGOLAND / 259
258  |  260
Subject:
Pick-A-Brick Bags
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:09:04 GMT

There have been lots of good messages about Pick-A-Brick inventories, and price
per pound comparisons. Now for an obscure observation. I have purchased 2-3
pounds of bricks during 2 visits. I put all the bricks in one or two of the bags
they have. I figured why should I pay extra for a separate bag for each color or
size. During my last visit I thought maybe I was being foolish, and should pay
an extra penny or two for more bags. How much could an empty ziplock type bag
cost anyhow?

Well I weighed an empty bag of each of the two sizes. The LLCA scales measure in
.01 pound increments. The small bag weighed either .01 or .02 pounds depending
how it was laid on the scale, and the larger bag weighed .03 pounds. That's $.28
or $.56 for the small bag, and $.84 for the larger bag! The bags are nice sturdy
plastic with an interesting brick stud graphic. But decide for yourself if you
want to pay for extra bags, or spend more time sorting your brick purchases!