 LEGOLAND / California / 583
Re: Pick-A-Brick Bags
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:17:42 GMT

Mark P wrote:
I was there the other day and noticed how most of the trans-colors were
gone :( Makes me think they did not plan this out too well......

Then your information is more recent than mine.
Anyway, I was there on June 15 (Father's day).
I had a long list composed from your inventory at
http://www.landofbricks.com  and the
following items were not there:

Black slope, 33-deg, 2x2 double (apex)
Blue slope, 45-deg, 2x2 double (apex)
Blue slope, 33-deg, 3x3 double convex (corner)
Lime brick, 2x4
Red slope, 45-deg, 2x3 double (apex)
Trans Dark Blue tile, 1x2
Trans Dark Pink brick, 1x3
Clear brick, 2x3

I saw two items that are not on your list:
White slope, 45-deg, 2x2 double (apex)
Black slope, 45-deg, 4x4 double (apex)

A lot of the trans-color 1x2s had been separated into 3 or 4 bins
to cover the bottom of the bins so they would not look empty!
But it looks to me like the supply is not yet where it should be.
I spent about $400.  But if those bins were filled with the rarer
trans-color bricks I could easily have spent another $200.
So, if my experience is typical of other visitors (:-) they
can increase sales by 50% by keeping the rarer bricks in stock.

However, I was really glad to be able to shop there.  Overall
it is a very nice setup, and I was able to stock up on a lot of
useful pieces.

/Eric M/