 LEGOLAND / California / 536
Re: Great Finds at LegoLand CA Pick-A-Brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 00:49:09 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.california, Brad Hamilton writes:

I just got back from LegoLand CA and found a lot of nice pieces.

Glad you saw some parts you liked. I was really hoping for new parts in new
colors. I am not thirilled about being offered basic bricks in basic colors
for the most part, but I can see why others may be. Different building needs
call for different things. But stuff like 2x4 black bricks do not really
spin my top ;)

BTW - A prior post says that annual passes get a discount.  My pass says no
discount on LEGO bricks.  Is this an exception?  What is the discount?  10%?

What type of year pass do you have? I know my Primo pass says the same thing
- but they changed that about a year ago maybe? However long  ago it was, it
has been some time now. If you have the basic block party pass (now called
the Regular LEGOLAND Membership) you do not get a discount on anything. But
if you have the Primo (now called the LEGOLAND Membership PLUS) or
Ambassador pass you get 10% off any retail purchase - now including bricks
and Lego sets (supposed to only be on purchace over $10, but some MCs let
you slide on that) and 25% off food at non-cart places. So it fyou jst have
the basic membership I would really suggest getting the Primo - it is well
worth it.

As an aside, it appears that you can no longer purchase cars you make at the
race track place at LegoLand.  I believe that you can still throw in special
parts from the bins at the club house though (right next to the bulk bins).

That is good to hear. That 'build and buy' program at the test track just
devistated that place. They never re-stocked it seemed. They started off
with over 10 different wheel types, and the last time I went there they were
down to 2 choices for wheels, and both were horrible choices. No long or
wide bricks or plates were left, you were left mostly with stuff like palm
leaves and air tanks and other usless junk to try to build some cars with. I
do not know if the problem they had laid in LLCA's hands or what, but that
place went from a place we went to on every single visit and built for over
an hour to a 5 minute stop every now and then. I really hope they can get
that place back up to its former glory, it has been a
looooooooooooooooooooong time since it was there.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com