 LEGOLAND / California / 532
Re: Pick-A-Brick is up and running!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2003 16:09:01 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.california, Mark Papenfuss writes:
I just got back from LLCA, and the Pick-A-Brick opened about 1pm today.
While I did not notice any unique parts in unique colors, there may have
been - I am not an expert in this area but nothing caught my eye as never
being seen before. They had the basic selection of colors, black, white,
green, red, yellow, tan, brown, blue, grey, and dark grey. There were a few
of the harder to get colors like orange, light yellow, earth orange, teal,
purple, and lime. But there was a smaller selection of these harder to get
colors and none of the items offered struck me as never being released
before. They also had transparent colors, trans-yellow, trans-pink,
trans-green, trans-dark blue, and clear. But the same thing with these
transparent colors, none struck me as being new and he selection was much
smaller for them. They also had soccer and basketballs there in bulk, and a
1x2 dark grey brick with the Lego logo in it (the same brick as in the big
Yoda set), and a few bricks with the eye pattern on it along with a few
different windshields.

Another thing they offered there is a mosaic kit. This is the same thing
that they had on the shop at home site. They took your picture using the
Lego webcam and put it in the software and if you wanted to buy your kit
they printed up the instructions for you to follow and the correct amount of
1x1 plates (in the bags, just like shop at home). This cost $30 and was
pretty neat. This has an advantage over the website version because you can
see what it will look like, and you can take new pictures if you want to.

And yes, if you have a year pass you do get your discount on the bricks.

Anyways, if you want to see some pictures of it you can check it out on my site:
http://www.landofbricks.com

If anybody has any questions about certian parts or colors I am sure I, or
somebody else that has been/will go will be able to answer your questions.

Enjoy!
Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com

On my prior visits to the park, if I just wanted to do some shopping at the
Big Store (at the entrance) I just had to ask and they'd let me in.  Can I
do the same at Pick-A-Brick?

Adr.