 LEGOLAND / California / 552
551  |  553
Subject:
Family trip completed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 22:43:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I just returned home from my grand adventure with the kids driving from
Nashville to Carlsbad and back again over 10 days.  We went to Legoland on
Wednesday and Thursday of last week.  The kids and I had a fabulous time both
days.  I took a ton of photos with my digital camera.  We went to Sea World on
Tuesday and had fun there too, but Legoland was far more enjoyable - and
absolutely gorgeous from a landscaping perspective.  It would be very nice if it
weren't 2000+ miles away.  Unfortunately, we missed a few things that I had
hoped to do.  We never made it into the Mindstorms building.  And I feel like I
should have spent more time reading the signs in Miniland.  The kids also wished
the hanging coaster (whose name escapes me) was running.

The rides weren't the most thrilling and exciting ones you can find, sure, but
on both of the days we were there lines simply didn't exist for most of them.
Driving the boats and the cars were two favorites.  As were both the coasters
and the sky cruiser.  The Aquazone wave racer also saw several repeat visits.

I am very glad we made the trip.  Stops along the way there at Carlsbad Caverns
and on the way back at the Grand Canyon and the Petrified Forest were added
bonuses.

John Hansen