 LEGOLAND / 265
Re: Visits to LL Billund
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 04:06:22 GMT

In lugnet.legoland, Peter Seynhaeve wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am a big fan of Legoland themeparks as I have visited the Billund Park at
least 100 times since 1994.

I have a seasonspass and I frequently visit the 2 other LL in Germany and UK.
Since june 2003 we have founded BeLUG for Belgium and I have also close contacts
with the Danish fanclub Byggepladen (the buildingplate)

But most important I follow the development of LL Billund since 1994.
For 2003 there is a so called "candy" shop with all kind of different Legobricks
in all possible colours you can by inside the park at a price of 34,95 DKK for
100g ( +/- 50 USD for 1 kg of blend-it-yourself mix of elements)

There is also everyday a LEGO-marked where they have special offers for visitors
having a seasonspass. Opened only a few houres each day...

I will be glad to have some reactions on this article as I would have contacts
with more LL fans in Europe .

Peter Seynhaeve

Hi everyone,

We were in both Legoland Denmark and Germany this summer.  Both parks offer bulk
parts and they are priced according to weight.  But we find that the Germany
lego is much cheaper than Lego in Denmark.  May be because of the 25% taxes in
Denmark?  If you have a season pass in Germany, you get 10%off everything you
buy in the park including the bulk bricks.  But if you are in Denmark, you
should stop in Mindstorm centre, you can stuff a big bag of technic parts
including cable, motor, sensor etc for $400Danish/$25US or small bag for $12US.
But you have to be there at the right time when they receive the shipment from
the factory.  The Lego staff said that they reload it when the pile is low but
it depends on the shipment from the factory next door.  Stop by often.

I find that the special offer in Denmark for the season pass holder is nothing
special as Lego is much more expensive than Lego in Canada.  For example, the
Harry Potter train was half price there and still cost the same as the regular
price in Canada.  We missed the week of the sale in the Germany Legoland, so I
can't say whether it is good deal or not.

We enjoyed very much the miniland in both Germany and Denmark where they have
all the buildings made of Lego.

I think it is a must for all parents to bring their kids to Legoland. It is not
just the rides but to enjoy what you can build with Lego.  Just imagine!