 General / 5602
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 05:51:28 GMT

It's been quite a while since I read the Trilogy.  I remember having my mom buy
The Silmarillion, and only being able to read the first 50 pages or so-- couldn't
follow it:-p
We just finished reading The Chronicles of Narnia series with our kids-- they
would make an interesting movie series (the chronicles, not my kids;)-- not like
that horrid animated one that came out a while back.  Or how about a Lego theme?
"Narnia":-)  Hey, Pirate fans, how about a Dawn Treader?  Or Castle fans-- Cair
Paravel?  Space fans-- how about just being happy with SW...;-)

-John

Tom McDonald wrote:

In lugnet.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Blake Christopher Gettig wrote:
I really liked reading the hobbit and the other three lord of the rings
books.  I think you could base some great lego set on the theme.  Hmmmm... a
lego Minas Morgul

Minas Tirith playset - think of all that white...

...and don't forget that shelob creature.  You could use the
wizard mini-figure for Gandalf.

One of our servers at work was named "gandalf" -- it had my Lego-made
mascot, complete with sword and staff, taped to the monitor.

hehe

I'm also waiting for the Belville Barad-Dur "Lidless Eye" Torture Chamber set.

-Tom McD.
when replying, what has it got in it's pocketses? spamcake!