 Off-Topic / Fun / 2323
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 13:58:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Tom McDonald writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Tom McDonald wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Terry Keller writes:
On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 07:39:34 GMT, "Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> wrote:
We completely drew a blank with Gollum.
Leonardo DiCaprio?  :-P  Or perhaps Gene Wilder...
Willam Dafoe (sp?) what about him? He also needs to be capable of treachery
and be willing to bite off a finger ;-)

Woody Allen?

Anyone know who did the voice of Gollum in the animated movies?  It fit what I
thought his voice sounded like very well.

Glenn Close as Galadriel and Uma Thurman as Eowyn.
That's just it: I wouldn't pick either one. I find blondes hard to pick for
this. The Eowyn character has to look good with a sword too.

Eowyn had blonde hair, neh?  But yes, she needs to be able to handle a sword
well.  Someone athletic, then.  Bridgette Neilsen, if she could lose about
twelve inches in height?

Hmm, possibly. Eowyn is supposed to be tall, and yes blonde. Could you see her
and Mel Gibson in any LOTR scene together? :D

Who is Bridgette Neilson?

Ya know, Glenn Close would be to stocky for Galadriel; we'd need someone
really tall and skinny-but-not-anorexic looking.  Perhaps Uma Thurman would
be better in this role.

I won't tell Glenn you said that :-)  And just to complicate things, Galadriel
is supposed to have a deeper voice than is usual for a woman. Catherine Zeta
Jones for Arwen.

Isn't Galadriel supposed to be the most beautiful woman in Middle-Earth?  No
offense to Glenn Close, but I hardly consider her beautiful.  If you go to
< www.ringbearer.org >, they have a list of candidates for most roles.  One
person listed that I think would make a good Galadriel is Cate Blanchett,
although my personal choice would be Daryl Hannah.  :)

Michael Keaton for Tom Bombadil?

Unfortunately, Tom's been cut.  Ringbearer.org has a petition to bring him
back, though, if you really want to see him.

Prohibition?  No, the state of Utah acepts alcohol consumption; now we're
working on polygamy...

In theory polygamy sounds intriguing, but when I really think about it, I just
get plain tired. Plus I have to remember at least two anniversaries..

*Warning!  Non-PC statement up ahead!*
Either marry 'em all at once, or marry them on your anniversary.  "Happy
Anniversary, honey!  Here's your present!"  ;)

On second thought...

Jeff
- "Onion ring to rule them all..."