 Off-Topic / Fun / 2299
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 07:52:05 GMT

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 07:39:34 GMT, "Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Terry Keller writes:
On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 03:44:28 GMT, "Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> wrote:
In lugnet.general, Tom McDonald writes:
I don't think we came up with a good Aragorn protrayed by any
working actor, though we tossed around a few ideas.
Pete Postlethwaite.  He was the cliche hunter guy in the Lost World.  Good
actor, terrible movie.
You mean the guy who wanted to waive his fee and instead take a trophy T-Rex?
That guy most definately is *not* my impression of Aragorn.  Wrong look,
attitude, and age.

Well, put hair on his head.  :-,  He's got the look of someone who's
being driven by something in his past, something haunting him...  I dunno how
he'd do with a sword in hand though.  Aragorn needs to be able to handle a
sword.  And Aragorn's actor absolutely needs to carry that scene where he bids
farewell to Boromir.  This scene will make or break the character.

That guy just seems to old.  Did Aragorn have a beard?  I always seem to
picture him with a beard.

We completely drew a blank with Gollum.
Leonardo DiCaprio?  :-P  Or perhaps Gene Wilder...
They need a small, weasely type.

Aren't either of these weasly enough?  How about that first one?  :-D

Weasely yes, but too large.  Besides, we wouldn't want all the teenage girls to
be falling in love with Gollum.

Seriously, I think Gene would give gobs of good (for the audience) character
to Gollum.  Ooh!  Ooh!  Mel Brooks!

Oh please!  That's just what we need, give Mel 190 mil and see what happens.

Glenn Close as Galadriel and Uma Thurman as Eowyn.
But please, no Uma.  I never saw what made her so popular.

For me, it's always been Penn Jilette ooh-ing and ahh-ing over her in the back
of PC Computing.

Lol!  I remember those!  I still have a big stack of them.  He did have
something pretty bad over her.  Why escapes me.

That does it.  I'm OUTTA UTAH come 2002!  :-,
The Committee will probably be glad to hear that.  Might even add it to the
promotional literature.  :-P

ouch!  :-,

It will be interesting to see how a zillion thirsty tourists and Utahs liquor
laws coexist.  Very interesting.

-- Terry K --