 Off-Topic / Fun / 2297
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 07:17:42 GMT

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 03:44:28 GMT, "Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> wrote:

In lugnet.general, Tom McDonald writes:
Years ago in several ongoing discussions a friend and I had, we agreed that
Patrick Stewart would make a good Gandalf, and Connery would make a good
Theoden. I don't think we came up with a good Aragorn protrayed by any
working actor, though we tossed around a few ideas.

Pete Postlethwaite.  He was the cliche hunter guy in the Lost World.  Good
actor, terrible movie.

You mean the guy who wanted to waive his fee and instead take a trophy T-Rex?
That guy most definately is *not* my impression of Aragorn.  Wrong look,
attitude, and age.

We completely drew a blank with Gollum.

Leonardo DiCaprio?  :-P  Or perhaps Gene Wilder...

They need a small, weasely type.  Maybe the guy who played 'little me' in The
Spy Who Shagged Me'.
More likely to be CG.

Any speculation on Galadriel and Arwen? :-)

Glenn Close as Galadriel and Uma Thurman as Eowyn.

:-)
But please, no Uma.  I never saw what made her so popular.

when replying, Spamcake is an official sponsor of the 2002 Winter Games.

That does it.  I'm OUTTA UTAH come 2002!  :-,

The Committee will probably be glad to hear that.  Might even add it to the
promotional literature.  :-P

-- Terry K --