 Off-Topic / Fun / 2291
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:59:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal writes:
Sproaticus wrote:
Pete Postlethwaite.  He was the cliche hunter guy in the Lost World.  Good
actor, terrible movie.
Wow.  I loved it.  'Course, I read Jurassic Park years before it became a
movie, and Lost World.

I kinda liked the book (loved JP), but I saw the movie first, and what a bad
first impression.  The good guys were making mistakes no sane person would
make, half the movie was obviously filmed to sell the toys, the physics were
all bad, what the *#@$ happened to the crew of the ship, yadda yadda yadda,
bad film.  :-,

Barbara's got a theory, which I buy into -- one big reason Speilberg made the
Lost World is to put in the scenes that weren't filmed for JP -- e.g. the
waterfall.

I'd think living in Utah you'd be a little more sympathetic to our
extinct friends;-)

Don't they prefer to be called Limestone Americans?  ;-)

Cheers,
- jsproat