 Off-Topic / Fun / 2289
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 03:55:54 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

Pete Postlethwaite.  He was the cliche hunter guy in the Lost World.  Good
actor, terrible movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
???
Wow.  I loved it.  'Course, I read Jurassic Park years before it became a
movie, and Lost World.  Movies can't do justice to the books on which they are
based [1], but they do a good job of graphically portraying the characters,
especially Dinos:-)  Reading the book and *then* seeing movies is the best way
IMO to go.  I'd think living in Utah you'd be a little more sympathetic to our
extinct friends;-)

-John

[1]  Major exception:  The Natural.  Hated the book.  Loved the movie.  Movie
was *far* better IMO