 General / 5631
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:00:42 GMT

John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:379019BC.74F8405@uswest.net...
It's been quite a while since I read the Trilogy. • Just for the record, it's not a trilogy, but one book in three volumes.
I remember having my mom buy
The Silmarillion, and only being able to read the first 50 pages or so-- couldn't
follow it:-p

Sections of are difficult to get through, but parts are great.  The story of Beren & Luthien is Tolkien at his best, IMHO.  Even
better is the poetic telling of the same story in "The Tales of Beleriand (sp?)," one of the compilations Christopher Tolkien put
together.

We just finished reading The Chronicles of Narnia series with our kids-- they
would make an interesting movie series (the chronicles, not my kids;)-- not like
that horrid animated one that came out a while back.

There actually was a non-animated series of at least some of the Chronicles.  I think it was done by the BBC, but we have some
videos.  Leaves lots of room for improvement, though.

  Or how about a Lego theme?
"Narnia":-)  Hey, Pirate fans, how about a Dawn Treader?  Or Castle fans-- Cair
Paravel?  Space fans-- how about just being happy with SW...;-)

We are, thank you.

-John Van