 Off-Topic / Fun / 2313
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 23:31:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Tom McDonald wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
I was watching Futurama, eating watermelon, when one of Bender's lines
caused me to inhale a chunk.

<snolk!>

Ya know, Glenn Close would be to stocky for Galadriel; we'd need someone
really tall and skinny-but-not-anorexic looking.  Perhaps Uma Thurman would
be better in this role.
I won't tell Glenn you said that :-)  And just to complicate things, • Galadriel
is supposed to have a deeper voice than is usual for a woman.

Uma's voice can get pretty dang husky if you pay her enough.

Let's not go there. Family newsgroup, yada yada..

Catherine Zeta Jones for Arwen.

Who's this Jones chick I keep hearing about?

See Entrapment with Sean Connery. It came out about a week or two after The
Matrix.

Come to think of it, who was Arwen again?

Aragorn's betrothed, daughter of Elrond, the Evenstar of her people,
granddaughter of Galadriel. Later, Queen of Gondor. Impressive credits, really.

Michael Keaton for Tom Bombadil?

Tom's supposed to be really really big.  Hmmm, I can see Keaton doing the
part with sfx, tho...

Hmm.. John Goodman?

Ding.  Christopher Lloyd as Saruman.

Oh yeah. Good choice!

Okay, here's another one: Wormtongue...

-Tom McD.
when replying, (got a headache now, no good(?) spamcake line til it goes away)