 General / 5669
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:22:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
John Neal wrote:
Tom McDonald wrote:
I'm reading book 5 _A Horse and His Boy_ for the umpteenth time.. My • favorites
out of the series are book 3 and 6.
Do you consider The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe the first book, or The
Magician's Nephew?  I always advise folk to read the former first.

Ditto.  It bugs me that they switched the numbering so that the Magician's
Nephew is first -- if I'm not mistaken, it was originally book 6.  Bits of
that book just don't make any sense unless you read several books before it.

Yes! I don't like that either. I saw that and it made me wonder what those
people were smoking. It seems like you can do anything with a dead author's
books.

Hey publisher: Read them (and sell them) in the order they were first
published. Who's lame idea was that anyway? Did someone over there win a case
of stupid on eBay or what? Ever read the first coupla pages of The Lion, the
Witch, and the Wardrobe? It's *obviously* the first book! duh.. Why don't you
call up Lucy Barfield and ask her?

when replying, come on over where the spamcake is!
Kool! ;-)

I'm there.  Whereabouts can one find you, Tom?

At garage sales buying used lego bricks and boxed Narnia sets! Just got
another one on Sunday, $1 for all 7. They are in *very* loved/read condition.
I like the funky 70's cover art on that series of editions. They are going to
a friend who loves those books but does not have them anymore.

On a related note, I still have to get a new set of C.S' Space Trilogy with
newer cover art. It's much better and fitting than the previous stuff.

-Tom McD.
when replying, spamcake makes effective mosquito repellent. it also makes
effective people repellent.