 General / 5626
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:03:56 GMT

It's seventh state of Australia where everyone has trouble saying "6".
; .)

Mark H.

Sanjay D'Souza wrote:

The production company is based here in Wellington, not far from where I
work.  I've had to fend off many of their talent scouts looking to secure my
services as one of the lead actors.  I'm not sure I want to be involved, but
if it'll mean getting a LEGO minifig made in my likeness (should TLG "jump
into bed" with LOTR) then maybe I will.

Seriously though, while walking down the street t's great to bump into the
likes of Sean Connery, Robert De Niro and Catherine Zeta Jones all of whom
are in Wellington looking for a part in the trilogy.

Really seriously though, how many of the worlds population actually know
where New Zealand is? ;)

Sanjay

Tom McDonald wrote in message ...
I heard on the radio this morning that shooting for a new live-action "Lord • of
the Rings" begins very soon in New Zealand. Budget for the first movie • alone
is $190.8 million: there are plans to produce a movie for each volume of • the
trilogy as they plan on spending a year and a half shooting for all three.

Could Lego please consider jumping onto this potentially wonderful • bandwagon?

-Tom McD.
when replying, "I'll spamcake any car for $119.95!"