 General / 5595
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 21:06:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.general, Tom McDonald writes:
I heard on the radio this morning that shooting for a new live-action "Lord • of
the Rings" begins very soon in New Zealand. Budget for the first movie alone
is $190.8 million: there are plans to produce a movie for each volume of the
trilogy as they plan on spending a year and a half shooting for all three.

Could Lego please consider jumping onto this potentially wonderful bandwagon?

-Tom McD.
when replying, "I'll spamcake any car for $119.95!"

And Lego would have an excuse to make the Hobbits and Dwarves regular • minifigs,
since Elijah Wood has been cast as Frodo in the movies!

Can you tell I'm disgruntled by this?  (And if Keanu Reeves is cast as
Aragorn, I'm gonna scream)

Keanu isn't old enough for it.

Has casting been completed? I remember having a conversation with a friend
about who we'd cast as whom. Quite fun conversation actually.

ObLego: I'm enjoying making a space cannon with some plain grey minifigs heads
found in 5988!

-Tom McD.
when replying, spamcake contains ozone depleting compounds.