 General / 5610
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 03:26:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Stanley writes:
Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote:
And Lego would have an excuse to make the Hobbits and Dwarves regular • minifigs,
since Elijah Wood has been cast as Frodo in the movies!

Well, Elijaw Wood the actor is normal size.  He'll be cgi'ed down to
hobbit size for the film, tho.

Too bad Sean Connery isn't going to be Gandalf.

Years ago in several ongoing discussions a friend and I had, we agreed that
Patrick Stewart would make a good Gandalf, and Connery would make a good
Theoden. I don't think we came up with a good Aragorn protrayed by any working
actor, though we tossed around a few ideas. And, of course, Olivier as
Denethor.

In addition to "who could do it today" there was a second list of actors, a
superset from any time in movie history, who could have done the roles. This
was mainly a tool to express to each other how you best saw a character in
your mind. We completely drew a blank with Gollum.

Any speculation on Galadriel and Arwen? :-)

Where can I find out about who's been cast?

[f-ups set to lugnet.off-topic.fun]

-Tom McD.
when replying, Spamcake is an official sponsor of the 2002 Winter Games.