 General / 5661
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 07:56:03 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:

In lugnet.general, John Neal writes:
It's been quite a while since I read the Trilogy.  I remember having my mom • buy
The Silmarillion, and only being able to read the first 50 pages or so-- • couldn't
follow it:-p

You can't follow 53,409 names that all sorta sound similar after awhile? ;-)
Try it again sometime, I bet you can follow it now.

Time, dammit.  I need more time!

We just finished reading The Chronicles of Narnia series with our kids--

I'm reading book 5 _A Horse and His Boy_ for the umpteenth time.. My favorites
out of the series are book 3 and 6.

Do you consider The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe the first book, or The
Magician's Nephew?  I always advise folk to read the former first.

they
would make an interesting movie series (the chronicles, not my kids;)--

I won't tell them ;-)

'preciate it.

not like
that horrid animated one that came out a while back.  Or how about a Lego • theme?
"Narnia":-)

I'd buy it for the minifigs alone! The Lion minifig by itself would be great!

Yeah, instead of a Lego Aslan, we get a Duplo Tigger;-)  BTW, I love the phrase
Pooh-plo!  Who came up with that?

Hey, Pirate fans, how about a Dawn Treader?  Or Castle fans-- Cair
Paravel?  Space fans-- how about just being happy with SW...;-)

But I am! I really really am! BTW, we need a Reepicheep minifig...

Ah yes, Reep.  My and my kid's favorite character-- after you-know-who of
course;-)

-Tom McD.
when replying, come on over where the spamcake is!

Kool! ;-)

-John