 Off-Topic / Fun / 2380
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 17:48:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jasper Janssen writes:
On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:23:42 GMT, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K)
wrote:

Yep,  *that* Jones.  :-)
Connery star has dimmed a bit of late.  I think one of my fave roles he was • in
was in "Hunt For Red October".

"Just be careful, many thingsh in there don't react at all well to
bulletsh."

oh bulletsh, they do too. :-)

(BTW Jasper, you've been away too long :-)

Yeah, I've seen a coupla sites and been kinda keeping up on the casting. I am
sorta concerned about a lot of CGI though: while it's very good now,
stretching characters to adjust for size is risky, not that some actors aren't
good at compensating. But I can tell when a character is does not have the
look of either looking a CGI in the eyes, or shows no sign of responding to
nuances in the CGI's movement. Even in TPM I could tell sometimes, and they
had on-set physical representation of the character.

I don't want LOTR to be more eye-candy than anything else. I want it to be a
good movie all around. Here's hoping for the best!

-Tom McD.
when replying, Spamcake Light! Now with a third less bulletsh!