 Off-Topic / Fun / 2311
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 23:19:53 GMT

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:40:52 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:

Tom McDonald wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Terry Keller writes:
On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 07:39:34 GMT, "Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> wrote:
Well, put hair on his head.  :-,  He's got the look of someone who's
being driven by something in his past, something haunting him...  I dunno how
he'd do with a sword in hand though.  Aragorn needs to be able to handle a
sword.  And Aragorn's actor absolutely needs to carry that scene where he
bids farewell to Boromir.  This scene will make or break the character.
He needs to be tall too. And he also needs to look kingly in a pinch. Sounds
like this is all a tall order for an actor. Anyone want to nomiate Liam Neeson
(again? :-)

Mel Gibson?  He can carry that "tragic knight" character he's been typecast
into.

John Malkovich?

I nominate Steven Segal for Boromir.

Nonononono, I'll enjoy watching him die too much.  Plus, Segal is too slinky
(and a wimp :-)  How about that guy from Home Improvement, with the beard?

YES!  Big, dumb, likable!  Perfect!

-- Terry K --