 Off-Topic / Fun / 2314
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 23:37:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Terry Keller writes:
On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:08:45 GMT, "Tom McDonald"
<radiotitan@spamcake.yahoo.com> wrote:

he'd do with a sword in hand though.  Aragorn needs to be able to handle a
sword.  And Aragorn's actor absolutely needs to carry that scene where he • bids
farewell to Boromir.  This scene will make or break the character.

He needs to be tall too. And he also needs to look kingly in a pinch. Sounds
like this is all a tall order for an actor. Anyone want to nomiate Liam • Neeson
(again? :-)

Liam is not bad, but he lacks a certain regality.

Hard to cast this character, it is..

I nominate Steven Segal for Boromir.

Big, kind of dumb.  Maybe...  but no.

Umm... let me revise that a little.  Not a 'beard' in the sense of those
characters, but rather a short, tough-looking beard.  That is the way I • usually
picture him in my minds eye.  Especially since he spends so much time on the
road or in the wilds.  Being clean-shaven does not seem right.

Okay, yeah. I could live with that.

We completely drew a blank with Gollum.
Lol.  Kind of a moot point, I think, as by most accounts Gollum will be
entirely CG.

Okay, Jar Jar as Gollum ;-)

when replying, sing it with me now: spamcake on my shoulders makes me • happy...

"Spamcake in my eyes can make me cry.  Spamcake on the water looks so
loooovely,  Spamcake almost all the time makes me high."

ACK! He did it! :P

-Tom McD.
when replying, no spamcake line till my headache goes away