 Off-Topic / Fun / 2374
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:22:15 GMT

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:08:45 GMT, "Tom McDonald"
<radiotitan@spamcake.yahoo.com> wrote:

<aragorn>

He needs to be tall too. And he also needs to look kingly in a pinch. Sounds
like this is all a tall order for an actor. Anyone want to nomiate Liam Neeson
(again? :-)

They're going to be doing much CG stretching and shrinking for actors
anyway (dwarves and orcs will be portrayed this way), so tallness is
not a big issue.

Also, Gollum is almost definitely going to be CG, according to the
scuttlebut.

Numerically, Aragorn is supposed to be old, but he ages more slowly because of
his heritage.

Some.. 400 years IIRthe SilmarillionC?

Did Aragorn have a beard?  I always seem to
picture him with a beard.

For Aragorn, no beard. It's never mentioned. The only characters IIRC that had
beards mentioned were Gandalf, Saruman and Denethor.

I've always pictured Stepper as a beard, with him losing it somewhere
during the meeting at Elrond's place.

Glenn Close as Galadriel and Uma Thurman as Eowyn.

That's just it: I wouldn't pick either one. I find blondes hard to pick for
this. The Eowyn character has to look good with a sword too.

Galadriel was a blonde, and Eowyn is supposed to be.. a lightcoloured
redhead, IIRC?

BYOB buddy, unless you guys are still in prohibition :-). And where $ exists,
they'll coexist quite nicely thank you. Just don't wait until Saturday night
to buy it, right?

Lagavulin 16yr... Very good for the price. Only $35 for a 7 cl bottle.

Jasper