 Off-Topic / Fun / 2320
Re: Lord of the Rings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:23:42 GMT

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 00:41:27 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:

Terry K wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 19:49:06 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:
Tom McDonald wrote:
Catherine Zeta Jones for Arwen.
Who's this Jones chick I keep hearing about?
!?!  Get a clue, man!
She was in "Zorro" with Antonio Banderas, and that recent heist-caper flick
with Sean Connery.  Competent actor, great bod and face.

Ooooh, *that* Jones.  She was good in Zorro.  I've started to avoid Sean
Connery flicks, ever since the Rock, so I haven't seen her except in Zorro.

Yep,  *that* Jones.  :-)
Connery star has dimmed a bit of late.  I think one of my fave roles he was in
was in "Hunt For Red October".

Ding.  Christopher Lloyd as Saruman.
Now that I could see.  Lloyd would be good in that role.

I always thought Saruman needed to be a little more...psychotic.  And the
role of Rasputen that Lloyd filled out in Anastasia was pretty much how I
envisioned Saruman.

Yeah.  And he looks pretty good in white too.  Makes a good mad scientist
and/or secretly evil wizard.

-- Terry K --