 Off-Topic / Fun / 2300
Re: This has nothing to do with King Xerxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 07:53:08 GMT

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:27:07 GMT, "Tom McDonald" <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com>
wrote:

Item 1) For all those tried-n-true hackers (which I'm not) or office-hamsters
(which I sorta am), which office/computer chair could you recommend for a
workstation? Willing to spend $100 - $200

No idea.  Just go spend an afternoon lounging around in a bunch of them.

Item 2) Are there any good recommendations for an electric razor? Don't know
how much I'm willing to spend..

Those can get _expensive_.  Like that Norelco model that oozes something out as
you shave that looks like runny pu.....  Never mind.  Suffice it to say that I
really don't want a razor that oozes anything.
My complaint:
They *NEVER* shave as close as a blade.  None that I've tried anyway, which
includes Braun, Several Norelcos, & Remington.  I just put new heads on my
Norelco, and it still isn't as good as a blade - not even close.  That is all a
bunch of bull, IMO.  False advertising, is what it is.   Maybe the one that
oozes shaves closer....

The only real advantage is conveniance and simplicity.  Shaving is a Royal Pain
any way you look at it,(1)  but shaving with cream and a razor just adds to the
pain.(2)

-- Terry K --
1.  OK, there is _one_ instance where shaving is not so bad.  But, heeding
Lar's plea of keeping the group family oriented, I will not delve into that.
:-)
2.  In case you can't tell, I *hate* shaving.  I am seriously considering
wasting $30 to see if that depilatory cream being hawked on late-night TV
really works.  I doubt it, but what if.....
Probably better to just Dream the Impossible Dream. (hum along with me)